A review of SDB Xena

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: A review of SDB Xena

Post by Basu » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm

MNA wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Thanks, in continuation to the query, what is major deciding pros and cons of vx 100 and sx 100, which one is better.
I own a px100 but want to have a springer as well.
What would be the best choice under 20K for 70 yards shooting
PX 100 & SDB Xena are proven PCP & springer.
Advantage is that both the ARs can be repaired easily in India.
Based on received informations both the ARs have potential to match international standard in respective segments.
Choice is yours.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:59 pm

I still say that XENA is better than any other Indian Springer or NP powered AR. I purchased both XENA and ATHENA and I sold my ATHENA. Performance is more important than price when the price difference is very small. In the end performance only matters. I still say that ACHILLES is a world class gun in its specifications and performance. And I would never sell my Achilles and I would never consider any other foreign gun for a sub 15 ft-lb PCP. for accuracy and power.
GNV

Nagarjuna.C.M
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nagarjuna.C.M » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:09 am

Is this gun has enough power for pest control ?
What is your opinion about Aarmr hurricane Xtreme and Xena?

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:59 pm

I have not shot the AARMR Xtreme so could not tell anything about it

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm

dalvipravin wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 am
Hi Sam,

Can you measure the length of the same screw in your Artemis when you get time ? If the screw is not supposed to touch the cocking arm then what it's there at first point ?

Cheers
Pravin
Sorry for the delay ,I finally had time to disassemble Xena, and the screw in it is about 8mm long. And the screw doesn't touch the cocking lever even after completely tightening it.
20200526_161502_compress68.jpg
Notice the gap between the compression tube and cocking lever with and without the screw. The cocking lever ultimately has to snap back into position, and hence the noise when screw becomes loose. I hope these pictures are helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am

Another master piece from machine and man behind the machine... :cheers:

Basu

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Yes that's master piece ...there is another video showing the accuracy of Xena ...

Excellent grouping and excellent Shooter !!this is enough proof of SDB Xena's accuracy ..

Cheers
Pravin

ThanosDutta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ThanosDutta » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:59 am

dalvipravin wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:11 pm
sam 47 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:51 pm
dalvipravin wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm
I hope she won't have any gailling issue as my Artemis is having now :( haven't taken her apart yet ...
May I ask what the issues are and how many shots are through it ?
Hey Sam ,

Around 1000 shots through already , but recently say like 100 shots before when I cock and load , then bring the barrel up to lock there is a rattling sound which comes , like the cocking arm or something inside is lose ... No resistance in locking or barrel movement but it's just annoying sound that comes ...

Also when I cock , when I break the barrel by a tap and start my cocking stroke a "tyaaakkk "sound comes like something was locked and released as I move the barrel down for cocking..

I guess I need to take her apart and clean and relube ... Try and find what's not in good shape or not moving as it should

Cheers
Pravin
Hi Pravin,

I was going through previous posts. Saw yours and I found similar "tyaaaak" sound in reloading in an excellent review video of xena. Hear carefully every time he reloads, after he breaks the barrel and before it is cocked there is a third "tyaaak" sound. U can watch it from 4:24 mins. I don't know what's causing it. I heard the cocking is smooth in Xena. Now it's bugging me. Xena owners can share their experience because I don't wanna buy Xena and find it out later... I am linking the video here (please here the sounds during cocking the rifle).

Dutta

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Dutta ,

Yes I have seen this video and heard that sound already last week.the sound does come when the cocking arm tries to push piston down , the initial stroke where the arm starts compressing piston. And as it's not aligned or machined properly it gives the tyaakkk and then moves ahead coking the gun . I habe examined my Artemis and will try to fix it some how . But yes I was sad to hear the exact same sound in Xena . It is extremely annoying to hear that sound trust me !!!!!

SDB has not improved the machining quality in Xena over Artemis thats for sure.

Cheers
Pravin

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 pm

The "tyaaak" tyaak " sound while cocking can be eliminated as per advise by Sam 47.
There is a screw beneath the side screw holding bracket.That get loose at times after usage.
To eliminate that the same screw is to be adjusted a little , clock or anti clockwise.
When the sound is completely gone just put fevikuik to get stability.
Attached a photo.

Basu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Thank you basu sir ,
I will try that on my Artemis and check

Regards,
Pravin

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi Basu Sir ,

Yes I adjusted the screw in and the sound has gone now. I will try to apply loctite or thread lock so it doesn't move.

Cheers ,
Pravin

sokkri
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sokkri » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:24 pm

Basu wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 pm
The "tyaaak" tyaak " sound while cocking can be eliminated as per advise by Sam 47.
There is a screw beneath the side screw holding bracket.That get loose at times after usage.
To eliminate that the same screw is to be adjusted a little , clock or anti clockwise.
Attached a photo.

Basu
I too had this 'tyaak" problem. It is solved now. Thank you Basu sir.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:50 am

sokkri wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:24 pm
Basu wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 pm
Attached a photo.

Basu

I too had this 'tyaak" problem. It is solved now. Thank you Basu sir.
:mrgreen:
This adjustment changes as a new gun breaks in.
Once readjusted that remains for long.
I do not think that it has to take anything with finishing.
Please do not apply any thread locker.
I had terrible time with threadlocker while unscrewing the screw.
Mop dry n use Feviquik.

Basu

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 am

Thanks Basu sir ,

One more issue I have with Artemis is when you break the barrel with a tap it just goes lose like a paralysed arm. And after cocking when u try to bring the barrel up it rubs on the spring making rattling sound and also is very lose . Falls like a broken railway fatak if let free.

Ideally the barrel needs to be tight on the joint and should not fall freely but gradually or slowly . I think adding shims to the barrel joint will solve the loosening issue.Does anybody know which shims to use? Coke can ?

The joint screws at breach are ful tight and don't habe any scope to tighten more, tried that already.

Cheers,
Pravin