Queries on my new SDB Xena

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Queries on my new SDB Xena

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi Folks,

After watching Basu Sir's video and also some other online videos, I got smitten and picked up this rifle last week. Now, I have a couple of queries.

In one of the images, you will probably be able to see that part of the wood is chipped off. I don't recall seeing this, while buying the rifle (not sure, it may have been there). I haven't dropped the rifle and was wondering how could the wood get chipped off inside.

Also, the trigger is feather light, just a gentle touch and it goes off. As it's supposed to be a 2-stage trigger, I think it should offer some resistance. Or, am i missing something here? I have also attached an image of the trigger. Perhaps, one of you veterans could figure it out.

The accuracy is decent from around 20 meters and I'm a lousy shot :shock: Don't have space to try out over longer distances. Can't comment on power as I haven't personally done a chronograph test, but seems ok enough.

A side query: Anyone tested the accuracy of an SP60 Precihole Air Pistol at 10 meters? My shots go haywire.

Regards,

PShome
Last edited by Mr.Shome on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Queries on my new SDB Xena

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

I can't see any pictures ☹️... Anybody else can ?
Regards,
Pravin

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi,

I just tried adding the pictures again. Hope, they are visible now.

Regards,
PShome
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Still can't see pictures. About the trigger, I suggest you plz try to find the first stage stop ... press the trigger very gently until you hit stop and with a wee bit more pressure it should fire. My guess is you are pressing the trigger too fast/hard that the two stages are not being distinguished. Its difficult to comprehend how light a trigger breaking at less than 900 grams is until you fire one for the first time. There are 3 screws for adjusting the trigger , but i would suggest to leave it alone if don't have experience adjusting triggers.
"Aim small, miss small."

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Yes, I think, due to some reason, the images are not getting uploaded. Will try again later. Many thanks all the same for your suggestions. Even the gentlest touch makes it go off, but will definitely keep your words in mind.

Regards,
PShome

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Dear PShome,
Go by what Sam 47 suggested.
This is a Match grade trigger and has to break between 600-900 gms.
You need to develop muscle memory to understand the exact point of release.
This memory will come with practice only.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the inputs. Yes, I will indeed keep Sam47's suggestions in mind. I understand that I need to practice extensively to familiarize myself with the product.

Best regards,

PShome