SDB website

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: SDB website

Post by Basu » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Zulfikker wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 am
Dear Base Babu,

I had a conversation with Mr Sudipto Das of SDB . He suggest me for Artemis . Actually m looking for a U/L . They are working on that. Hope, soon we get something beautiful U/L from them .

Rgds
ZA
I do not think that they are going for any other model soon.
They have one U/L which is a tap loader.
I do not recommend you to go for that.
You may wait and take the best one "Xena".
Its features outsmart any other springers in India.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Zulfikker
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: SDB website

Post by Zulfikker » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Ok Sir
Then I vil go for Xena ...

User avatar
Zulfikker
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: SDB website

Post by Zulfikker » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:18 am






Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: SDB website

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 pm

My first AR is from SDB and it was purchased in 1983/1984. Till Date it's working perfect. Though minor repairs done but still it's good till date. Probably it is a SDB model 25 in .22.
With time it's power is reduced though I have done the required changes. But it's still a good airgun.
I am not sure if they do the repair work if I take the AR to their factory.
I do have few more AR s like Aarmar and in my opinion power wise Aarmar is better than any Indian made Airgun in .22 I have used till date.
Regards

Shivaji

Rudransh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: SDB website

Post by Rudransh » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:32 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 pm
My first AR is from SDB and it was purchased in 1983/1984. Till Date it's working perfect. Though minor repairs done but still it's good till date. Probably it is a SDB model 25 in .22.
With time it's power is reduced though I have done the required changes. But it's still a good airgun.
I am not sure if they do the repair work if I take the AR to their factory.
I do have few more AR s like Aarmar and in my opinion power wise Aarmar is better than any Indian made Airgun in .22 I have used till date.
well I would not belive just any one's opinion to make my purchase judgment..and talking about..22 and it's power is just waste of time since it's not legally legal to own now and some company are still selling after punching .177 on barrel thats another fraudulent activity..
I have done intensive chrony test with Sdb all models and also Aarmr all models including their newest rocket fuelled 350 magnum with 3.5 mm spring all in .177 .

The most I could get from Aarmr 350 magnum is 14.2 fpe with almost 2kg trigger pull and xena doing 14.8 fpe .. so considering this a .22 cal aarmr 350 magnum can do 16 or 17 fpe in 22 no doubt but why breaking law for 2 or 3 fpe with that kinda hard trigger with which u can not hit an egg out to 30 yards ...

Hope it did not hurt any ones sentiment if I did I am sorry but it's fact.

Regards
veerbhadra

User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: SDB website

Post by Basu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Rudransh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:32 am
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 pm
My first AR is from SDB and it was purchased in 1983/1984. Till Date it's working perfect. Though minor repairs done but still it's good till date. Probably it is a SDB model 25 in .22.
With time it's power is reduced though I have done the required changes. But it's still a good airgun.
I am not sure if they do the repair work if I take the AR to their factory.
I do have few more AR s like Aarmar and in my opinion power wise Aarmar is better than any Indian made Airgun in .22 I have used till date.
well I would not belive just any one's opinion to make my purchase judgment..and talking about..22 and it's power is just waste of time since it's not legally legal to own now and some company are still selling after punching .177 on barrel thats another fraudulent activity..
I have done intensive chrony test with Sdb all models and also Aarmr all models including their newest rocket fuelled 350 magnum with 3.5 mm spring all in .177 .

The most I could get from Aarmr 350 magnum is 14.2 fpe with almost 2kg trigger pull and xena doing 14.8 fpe .. so considering this a .22 cal aarmr 350 magnum can do 16 or 17 fpe in 22 no doubt but why breaking law for 2 or 3 fpe with that kinda hard trigger with which u can not hit an egg out to 30 yards ...

Hope it did not hurt any ones sentiment if I did I am sorry but it's fact.

Regards
veerbhadra
Rudransh,

I support your point of view.
I understand company is selling their 0.22 on courier challan.
Refusing to take responsiblity of manufacturing 0.22 calibre.
This AR initially delivers 16 ftlbs energy at the cost of mamoth cocking effort & irratic accuracy.
The 3.5 mm wire spring is a killer.
Trigger pull I tested one broke at 1900 Gms & other at 2800 gms.
This gun can act much better with a softer spring at 10-11 ftlbs.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: SDB website

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Basu wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:43 pm
Rudransh wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:32 am
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 pm
My first AR is from SDB and it was purchased in 1983/1984. Till Date it's working perfect. Though minor repairs done but still it's good till date. Probably it is a SDB model 25 in .22.
With time it's power is reduced though I have done the required changes. But it's still a good airgun.
I am not sure if they do the repair work if I take the AR to their factory.
I do have few more AR s like Aarmar and in my opinion power wise Aarmar is better than any Indian made Airgun in .22 I have used till date.
well I would not belive just any one's opinion to make my purchase judgment..and talking about..22 and it's power is just waste of time since it's not legally legal to own now and some company are still selling after punching .177 on barrel thats another fraudulent activity..
I have done intensive chrony test with Sdb all models and also Aarmr all models including their newest rocket fuelled 350 magnum with 3.5 mm spring all in .177 .

The most I could get from Aarmr 350 magnum is 14.2 fpe with almost 2kg trigger pull and xena doing 14.8 fpe .. so considering this a .22 cal aarmr 350 magnum can do 16 or 17 fpe in 22 no doubt but why breaking law for 2 or 3 fpe with that kinda hard trigger with which u can not hit an egg out to 30 yards ...

Hope it did not hurt any ones sentiment if I did I am sorry but it's fact.

Regards
veerbhadra
Rudransh,

I support your point of view.
I understand company is selling their 0.22 on courier challan.
Refusing to take responsiblity of manufacturing 0.22 calibre.
This AR initially delivers 16 ftlbs energy at the cost of mamoth cocking effort & irratic accuracy.
The 3.5 mm wire spring is a killer.
Trigger pull I tested one broke at 1900 Gms & other at 2800 gms.
This gun can act much better with a softer spring at 10-11 ftlbs.

Basu

Hi
My post was just my feedback on the SDB AR I am having for last 35/36 yrs. As well the other AR I have used.
No suggestions or review to impact any ones purchase decision.
Frankly I am not in sports shooting and plinking so .177 is of no use for me, and before the ban on .22 my sole purpose of this cal. Was pest control ( of course in the legal limits ) in farm areas.
And for pest control, I feel that .22 pelets is best and economical.
I am not a good shooter at all but with the AR's I have, I can hit any egg size object at 30/35 yards without any optical sight. With bow and arrows also I can hit upto 40/50 yards but of course never tried on egg or same size objects :D :D
Regards

Shivaji

Post Reply