Two new products from AARMR Sports.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by dalvipravin » Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Basu wrote: ↑
Fri May 15, 2020 10:01 am
dalvipravin wrote: ↑
Thu May 14, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi ,

I would go with the below order for any air rifle
1) Accuracy - I think this is most imp factor .. IHP , SDB and PH all are whatever I have used ..
2) Reliability =good and quality fitting and machining
3) Asthetics .. should look good and feel good in hands
4) Power - I would prefer a accurate , quality , good looking gun with 12 foot pound over a uncontrollable inaccurate and ugly power beast 😃

Cheers
Pravin
I have only one point to make about Aarmar that they claim a velocity of 1200 fps.
With limited information that I have all these tests are made under special condition of detonation caused by dieseling.
Any dieseling induced velocity is always far too higher than actual one.
May I request any owner of 350 to make an uncut video of velocity with Chronograph for 10-12 shots.
Hence it is a request.
I am of the opinion that a 12 Ftlbs accurate AR is far more acceptable that a 15 ft lbs erratic one.

Basu
Exactly Basu sir ,

I would look to hit 1 inch target at 40 yards 10 put of 10 times with 12ft gun than missing is 5 out of 10 times with supersonic gun ..
But yes as I do have SDB Artemis and hw95 both being 13 14 ft guns and dead accurate too !!

Cheers
Pravin

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Basu » Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 pm

dalvipravin wrote: ↑
Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 pm
Basu wrote: ↑
Fri May 15, 2020 10:01 am
dalvipravin wrote: ↑
Thu May 14, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi ,

I would go with the below order for any air rifle
1) Accuracy - I think this is most imp factor .. IHP , SDB and PH all are whatever I have used ..
2) Reliability =good and quality fitting and machining
3) Asthetics .. should look good and feel good in hands
4) Power - I would prefer a accurate , quality , good looking gun with 12 foot pound over a uncontrollable inaccurate and ugly power beast 😃

Cheers
Pravin
I have only one point to make about Aarmar that they claim a velocity of 1200 fps.
With limited information that I have all these tests are made under special condition of detonation caused by dieseling.
Any dieseling induced velocity is always far too higher than actual one.
May I request any owner of 350 to make an uncut video of velocity with Chronograph for 10-12 shots.
Hence it is a request.
I am of the opinion that a 12 Ftlbs accurate AR is far more acceptable that a 15 ft lbs erratic one.

Basu
Exactly Basu sir ,

I would look to hit 1 inch target at 40 yards 10 put of 10 times with 12ft gun than missing is 5 out of 10 times with supersonic gun ..
But yes as I do have SDB Artemis and hw95 both being 13 14 ft guns and dead accurate too !!

Cheers
Pravin
Absolutely......
You hit the nail....
If you ever get an opportunity....go for Xena....
I tested it.....a marvel..
There I can swear in the name of truth.... :mrgreen:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by dalvipravin » Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Yes Sir ,

I am also tempted to get Xena ,
With Artemis am confident on SDB accuracy and power , but am waiting on a long term review on her as I have some concerns about the machining and galling (parts rubbing over each other ) issues on artemis post 1000 shots .

I will be fixing her to the mark and will then look for Xena as she has the most crisp 2 stage trigger undoubtedly

Being hard core 10 meter meep sight shooter in the past , am crazzy about repeated surgical accuracy .. Artemis is but still bit of road to cover , may be Xena covered it .. will be waiting :)

Cheers
Pravin

Meljith
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:57 am

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Meljith » Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Hi there
Can anybody suggest me the best pellets which is accurate as well as high penetrarion..
Meljith

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by dalvipravin » Sun May 17, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi Meljith ,

I have found Precipel and Gsmith pellets being quite accurate and consistent.. plus JSB , H&N .. The best pellet is the one your rifle likes :)

Cheers
Pravin

Bishop
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Bishop » Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 am

Meljith wrote: ↑
Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 pm
Hi there
Can anybody suggest me the best pellets which is accurate as well as high penetrarion..
Meljith
For high penetration,try Geco Superpoint for close ranges and Precipell Sting for long ranges .H&N Hornet pellets also penetrate deep.As far as the accuracy is concerned ,it depends on the air rifle and the shooter.

Sarfraz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Sarfraz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Sir, I have been using AARMR's products since long.. I had a hurricane mod-16, and now I have two hurricane mod-18 both in .177 and .22 cal. And now I am planning own one of the two good AR, namely SDB Xena and National 350 magnum..
As I have been using AARMR's products, I face a significant recoil on firing each shot.. So, will purchasing a National 350 magnum will be a wise choice? I am keen to know about it's accuracy as compared to SDB Xena.. Is it's accuracy worth bearing the recoil?
XDB Xena has got a far more superior trigger, recoil reduction and design. I understand it.. but the power of 350 magnum claimed by the company really attracts me towards purchasing it.. only if it's accuracy is comparable with XDB Xena..
Please take a couple of minutes to reply. It will be of great help..🙏
Thank You..

User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Basu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:00 am

Even though I donot have any authentic/reliable data/video available with me to believe the energy/velocity output of Armar 350 as claimed in the company brochure as 1200 fps.
There are videos of the velocity of 350 and other Armars where it is noticed that there is influence of oil detonation caused by dieseling.
I can not accept such velocity on the face of it.
I have a thread in IFG where I put the data before & after dieseling effect.
That data showed an increment upto 42% interms of energy output.
That meant a 12 ft lbs AR with dieseling gave output of 17 ft lbs.

Generating a velocity of 1200 fps(supersonic) is not an easy task.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by dalvipravin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 pm

Ideally , 1200 fps is good for PCP ...

For any springer I would not go more than 800 900 fps .. 15fpe .

You can shoot all day with that power without getting tired . That's what is more important as anyways 1200 fps springer will make you frustrated if you are looking for 1 inch group at 40 yards .

I would love to add variations like Xena , NX200 like that

Cheers
Pravin

User avatar
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by vsraja » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Precihole has it's economy model vx100, you can get it even under 7k. So keep that as a benchmark for accuracy and compare the new models.It seems to me very reasonable only if the new models perform atleast equal to the vx100, otherwise it will be worth less than 7k even if it sells for 13k or 10k.
With regards,
vsraja

User avatar
ThanosDutta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by ThanosDutta » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Sarfraz wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:03 pm
Sir, I have been using AARMR's products since long.. I had a hurricane mod-16, and now I have two hurricane mod-18 both in .177 and .22 cal. And now I am planning own one of the two good AR, namely SDB Xena and National 350 magnum..
As I have been using AARMR's products, I face a significant recoil on firing each shot.. So, will purchasing a National 350 magnum will be a wise choice? I am keen to know about it's accuracy as compared to SDB Xena.. Is it's accuracy worth bearing the recoil?
XDB Xena has got a far more superior trigger, recoil reduction and design. I understand it.. but the power of 350 magnum claimed by the company really attracts me towards purchasing it.. only if it's accuracy is comparable with XDB Xena..
Please take a couple of minutes to reply. It will be of great help..🙏
Thank You..
Always go for accuracy over velocity above 1000fps. Because for any diabolo shaped pellet (which is used in maximum cases in India), the ballistic coefficient drops for velocity >950-1000 fps and supersonic velocity isn't good for the gun at all. Although there are foreign high end ARs that achieve great accuracy but none of them should be compared with Aarmr quality (it's disheartening but true). But if you get proof of its good accuracy coupled with its power (which isn't available anywhere) sure, go for it. Otherwise wholeheartedly can choose Xena anyday anytime (there are plenty of videos available without dieseling). I am also tempted to Xena.

Sarfraz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Sarfraz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 am

Thank you all for your valuable replies.. I have ordered a SDB Xena through our local Dealer and it will reach me after 7-10days.. I've heard much about it's accuracy and crisp two stage trigger.. Eagerly waiting to play with it..
But I am told by the dealer that the sale and demand of Precihole NX200 Athena is the highest. Wondering why people choose Athena over Xena. Is it because of the Company's reputation for accuracy or is Athena actually more convenient than Xena?
Respected members of IFG, any thoughts on this?

User avatar
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by vsraja » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 am

Precihole is top-notch in finishing and quality internals.It also have a decent trigger only second to xena.It has no.1 trigger before the launch of xena.Hence xena needs to improve still in some areas.Also precihole was No.1 in accuracy,also it's internals has very tight tolerances. hence most of the shooting clubs prefer only precihole rifles, whether it is springer or PCP.Really i cant explain the real beauty of precihole air rifles, for that you need to visit some shop to look with your own eyes, because a camera cant capture it's real beauty.I bought vx100 as my 5th air rifle, and I cant compare it's quality and beauty with other brands. Eventhough it was beautiful, it was also a good performer competing with imported german brands.It was the only brand which springers has rodless and slotless piston.It's internals are very much reliable and give consistent shots.Also they have the standard spare parts (spring,breach seal,piston seal,etc) to service it cost effectively, hence it will not get older if you maintain it with little wipe with oil after every shooting session.So there is no surprise in the level of demand in India.
With regards,
vsraja

User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Two new products from AARMR Sports.

Post by Basu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Sarfraz wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 am
Thank you all for your valuable replies.. I have ordered a SDB Xena through our local Dealer and it will reach me after 7-10days.. I've heard much about it's accuracy and crisp two stage trigger.. Eagerly waiting to play with it..
But I am told by the dealer that the sale and demand of Precihole NX200 Athena is the highest. Wondering why people choose Athena over Xena. Is it because of the Company's reputation for accuracy or is Athena actually more convenient than Xena?
Respected members of IFG, any thoughts on this?
Indeed goodwill plays a great role for Precihole.
Undoubtedly 9 yrs back when they launched the products the customer were very happy under limited options.
The advent of SDB with new products have given option to the buyers.
Many learned shooters also under the impression that SDB made their products by hammer & chisel :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: yet they fail to imagine that without highend mechinary & craftsmanship the performace can not be achieved.😃
With my limited experience I can say that I like firing behaviour of 100 better than 200.
Overall Xena gives a different experience of shooting probably because of its beech wood stock & two stage trigger(a mix of Airarm,HW or TO6) which elevated Xena to a different league.
Being an Indian I am happy about SDB that they are offering a product which many of us can not afford to have due to price or import restrictions.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Post Reply