Changing 0.22 to 0.177

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Komy cat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Changing 0.22 to 0.177

Post by Komy cat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 am

Found out that 0.22 needs a license now. What should the persons who has purchased it before the law is made should do? I have purchased it from J.Biswas , i.e. AIMCO SPORTS Kolkata. Will they change the barrel to 0.177. I have also asked a police man and he said that there is no need for license of an airgun. What should I do?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Changing 0.22 to 0.177

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:30 pm

If it's a break barrel airgun, you would typically need the following parts to change the calibre to .177" cal:-
1) .177" cal barrel + barrel block + cocking arm
2) .177 main spring, which will typically be stiffer than the one used with the .22 barrel

You can contact the manufacturer of your airgun and ask if they can supply these parts.

However, do keep in mind many Indian manufacturers have had to shut shop due to licensing of .22 airguns as per Arms Rules 2016. As these manufacturers did not have the capability to manufacture .177 barrels in a cost effective manner.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Changing 0.22 to 0.177

Post by vsraja » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:02 pm

My advice is better you sell it to the person who needs a .22 and buy one .177 for you. Latest models have good specifications and performance. So don't waste your time on this.
With regards,
vsraja