Identification number on air rifles sold before 2016

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Bishal Raj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Identification number on air rifles sold before 2016

Post by Bishal Raj » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi, according to the new arms rule we should have a marking on all the air weapons.

But does the air rifles sold before 2016 has any marking and identification number on them? Does the seller used to maintain a record whom they are selling the air rifle whether it be 0.22 or 0.177? As after 2016 it must be maintained.

I am not asking about foreign brands , but locally made air rifles like by companies SDB, ESA, AIMCO e.t.c.

Does they have any sort of identification number? Some member please shed some light.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Identification number on air rifles sold before 2016

Post by bandukbhandar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Only IHP National and Precihole had serial numbers marked on air rifles.
Even after Arms Rules 2016, several airgun makers of Kolkata are still supplying without serial numbers, which is a violation of Arms Rules.

Bishal Raj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bishal Raj » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:30 pm

So u mean 99% of air guns (as according to me 99% are locally made) have no identification number on them? Brands like ESA, SDB, AIMCO etc have their names embedded on them but no serial number?
So how can the govt expect all the citizens to get serial numbers for their airguns?

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:56 pm

I don't think the 99% will be a correct assumption. I myself have purchased Kolkata made AR's post the notification. Not all of them were unmarked.
When the notification came into effect dealers had their old stock which did not had the S.No. I have one Can-on of the old stock. Later when the regulation was implemented few manufacturers had chosen to produce unregulated AR's along with the stamped ones mostly for the M25 as these are in huge demand from the gun parlours of local fairs and with them it cannot be traced if the AR was newly purchased or an old one. Also it was due to requirement of the dealers. It was done by the manufacturer to evade the confirmed number of AR's manufactured and for the dealers it meant to be ghost stock. Ultimately linked to economic view point.
To answer your question not 99% of the AR's are unstamped however there are multiple ones in circulation for which only we are responsible as an end user.

Regards
dh

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 am

Familiar brands like SDB , AARMR and AK AIR RIFLE manufacturers also marked their brand logo and name with specified serial number with cal on the receiver tube or barrel
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D