Importing Airgun Spares from www.airgunspares.co.uk

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
gurbir22
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Importing Airgun Spares from www.airgunspares.co.uk

Post by gurbir22 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am

Hi everyone,

I was looking forward to ordering a few airgun spares for my BSA cadet 0.177” Air rifle like barrel, mainspring,piston rod,rear sight etc from www.airgunspares.co.uk i e-mailed them and they promptly replied that they ship parts to India, I would like to know as per new arms act can we order 0.177” Air rifle spare parts or has any of our forum member have any experience regarding import of parts from www.airgunspares.co.uk any help regarding the above mentioned issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Gurbir Singh Sidhu

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Importing Airgun Spares from www.airgunspares.co.uk

Post by sumanngon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:42 pm

I have bought from them. Excellent people to deal with. I have bought quite a lot of spares for my Slavia, Webley, and BSA from them. All genuine parts.

Km82
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Km82 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Gurbir22 has posted a very good question and i hope somebody who has experience d of ordering spare part for their imported airrifle should throw much light in this area. Mostly people like us have apprehension about possessing imported air rifle due to the fear of spare parts problem. This has limit our interest of having an imported air rifle.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shiv22
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Shiv22 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Hi Sumanngon,

Thanks for sharing the experience. I have been waiting from long time to get some input.
Also, I wanted to import some good quality durable main springs. Problem in India is people sell enough imported ARs but not their original spares.
I have couple doubts:
- Is it legal to import AR springs?
- Was that smooth importing? or any sort of obstacle @ custom.
- Or do you need any sort of license to import those.
Let me know.. And thanks.

ren_jith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ren_jith » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:10 am

Hi Gurbir22,
I have ordered a few times from airgunsparesk.co.uk for air-rifle spares.
Service of airgunspares.co.uk is outstanding, seamless order placement and processing. And in-case any clarifications required, quick email response with required details and suggestions.
India Customs was also seamless except once I was asked for the justification to import air-rifle spares and I replied with my target shooting interest and shooting club membership details and it was released.

If you have any further questions, please PM me, happy to help.

~Renjith.

sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sumanngon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 pm

Shiv22 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 pm
Hi Sumanngon,

Thanks for sharing the experience. I have been waiting from long time to get some input.
Also, I wanted to import some good quality durable main springs. Problem in India is people sell enough imported ARs but not their original spares.
I have couple doubts:
- Is it legal to import AR springs?
- Was that smooth importing? or any sort of obstacle @ custom.
- Or do you need any sort of license to import those.
Let me know.. And thanks.
Mine was a smooth import straight to my door step. But then it was before the draconian law passed in Air rifles. But since they supply the original spares, and the guns you have doesn't cross 20 joules energy, I gues it wouldn't be an issue. Order for one of your guns for experience. As for the dealer, I give a clean chit on them. As for the issues regarding having a license, I suppose it is t required but if you have a rifle club membership card, that should see you through for a .177 gun under 20 joules.

Felix37
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Felix37 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Hello guys l have seen people having issues importing air rifles with the customs and as you mention above one needs a license to import .22. Now a friend of mind did register to a shooting club yet he doesn't get his id yet but yes, he does have the shooting certificates, so, he allow me to use it against for importing air rifles of .177. So, is it possible to do it with just that certificate, l mean will that be enough to prove it just incase it get stuck with the customs?

Please, suggest more if need be.

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 am

Does it mean that if I have my state's rifle/airgun club membership I can import an aigun in .177 calibre.Would like to try for a HW 95 if it would definitely reach me.Inputs appreciated.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi Djanko ,

Save all hassles of being in deep stress of the import procedures you may have to go through after you hit the BUY button and later PAY NOW button of a foreign website. Yes you MAY IF AT ALL LUCKY save a lot money. But if you are NOT LUCKY then the stress , worry & google surfing you will be going through later once your product arrives on Indian Ports/Airports will be a HORROR ride, unless and until some Political influence may be available for help in customs.

So my piece of advice is to buy your choice of legal limit Air Rifle from reputable dealers being advertised in this Forum or other trusted & reputed websites with invoice. They will deliver to your doorstep your dream. Lots of fellow gun lovers may advice you the same as many may have been through this import procedures.

Rest up to you to take a call......but trust me once you go through importing hell, then never will you want to take that path way again. Not trying to demotivate you.....just trying to guide you 🙂.

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:13 am

Thank you 4x4 for the prompt reply sorry saw the post a bit late,it is very valuable input for me.Maybe out of topic but what about knives, have already ordered a couple from dhgate and knifecentre first time order.Is knife order the same hassle?

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Knives too can be a hassle, better go for some indian knife website, they have good collections at reasonable price.

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Thank you.But few knife sellers in India and choice is also limited plus the price sky high.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm

I ordered Titan spring and breech seal for my Diana 350 from airgunspares and it came smoothly.

One point to notice is if you keep invoice value below 5000 it won't attract customs ... That's just my feeling

They charge 10pound tracked and 5 pounds untracked .. I opted for tracked just to be safe.

I got my Hawke scope which was over 5k stucked in mumbai customs but they released on my Shooter ID nd duty 35/40 percent ..I guess being scope is another reason ,.

Cheers,
Pravin

manindersinghajimal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manindersinghajimal » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:39 am

Hello guys, I was looking forward to order an Fx superior barrel liner from UK in .177 as it's unavailable in India. I have a district shooting club membership as well. Any input is greatly appreciated.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:02 am

manindersinghajimal wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:39 am
Hello guys, I was looking forward to order an Fx superior barrel liner from UK in .177 as it's unavailable in India. I have a district shooting club membership as well. Any input is greatly appreciated.
hoiw will you insert it.??