For absolutely new entrants ;-

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
will_achiever
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

For absolutely new entrants ;-

Post by will_achiever » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Sharing my views for newbie which I learned as newbie;-

# air rifle shooting requires absolute responsible attitude towards sport . Never ever target living things or use it for harassment .

# always start with Springer, that too Indian made ,we have now very good brands,

# I found CO2 - airguns ,most useless ,good only to hold ,not for target shooting, easily get damaged, nobody repairs in India .

# Scope ;- overhyped useless accessory ,
it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shots.

# to sharpen the skill , it's always better to shoot on paper targets in groups . Here " group" means shoot at least 5 pellets on one target from 10 meters and measure distance between two extreme shot and learn .

# Maintain Log records mentioning date- name of air rifle and make,shape , count of pellets , I find it very important to learn shooting.

# All air rifles are pellet fussy ,means with one brand of pellet, it shoot tight groups but shoots different with another brand of pellets.it can be learn only by shooting on paper targets in groups, it differ from weapon to weapon and pellet to pellet.
-

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: For absolutely new entrants ;-

Post by Gunner_dh » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 am

๐“–๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ, ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ ๐“ข๐”‚๐“ท๐“ธ๐“น๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐“ผ

Jagannatha
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Jagannatha » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 am

will_achiever wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Sharing my views for newbie which I learned as newbie;-
# always start with Springer, that too Indian made ,we have now very good brands,

it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shot
If you want to learn how to drive a car always start with a rickshaw and never use power steering because it is expensive
Last edited by Jagannatha on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

will_achiever wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm

# air rifle shooting requires absolute responsible attitude ...

it's expensive , it will eat up shooting time in adusting mounts , because "scope shift " with each shot and requires alignment after every 10-20 shots.

Very good to see a newbs insights.
It seems youโ€™re not having an enjoyable experience with a. โ€˜Scope?
Once mounted it should not shift AT ALL.
I suggest you get your mounting technique, scope /ring/bases compatibility and other scope related issues checked by an experienced air gun user who can help you with the โ€˜Scope, or find a good gunsmith to mount It for you.

๐Ÿฅ‚
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."