Sling for NX200

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Sling for NX200

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:21 am

Hi,

I'm wondering how do you guys normally put sling/belt for NX200 so it's easy to carry around. There's no room to tie any belt or sling around it. Weird.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Sling for NX200

Post by Jagannatha » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 pm

nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:21 am
Hi,

I'm wondering how do you guys normally put sling/belt for NX200 so it's easy to carry around. There's no room to tie any belt or sling around it. Weird.
Like this? No?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Jagannatha wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 pm
nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:21 am
Hi,

Like this? No?
But where to anchor front part of sling & how ?
Photo please.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:56 pm

Ideally slings so affect accuracy of the rifle ..

Still the one you can look for is like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 am

Basu wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:16 pm

But where to anchor front part of sling & how ?
Photo please.

Basu
Ah! Sorry. NX200 is a spring gun.
Maybe like this:
or like in this video

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

It will be much better to carry the air rifle in a rifle bag , it will remain safe in it , at the same time it will have place to carry your pellet tins.

This bag will have a sling which you can use to carry the rifle , in a way you can conceal it too, wherever you plan to set up for safe shooting the target papers, you can take the air rifle out from the bag.

You will find rifle bags in various sizes, materials and features in market.

ECHOFIGHTER
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ECHOFIGHTER » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Use paracord / black lace just behind the grip and on front hand guard. Tie in such a manner that there is a smaller free loop through which you can put your sling hooks.
This way you won't damage your stock.
Regards

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:27 am

Another option which may work for you is a shotgun scabbard, many of which are for sale on Ebay. They are also carried on Amazon's internet site. Recently, I bought two of them. Here are a couple of pictures:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/isYAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

This one is short, for short barreled shotguns. I have attached it, using the Molle straps, to my backpack so that I can carry my spotting scope, a Bushnell Discoverer, on my hikes. The Discoverer doesn't have prisms and is longer than most spotting scopes, and it fits in this scabbard as if it was made for it. The second scabbard I bought looks like this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L4MAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

Note here that on the closed end, there's the ability to fold up about 100 mm so the scabbard can accommodate longer and shorter shotguns. Many don't have this feature and only work on shorter guns. Also, mine has the double pairs of Molle straps extending over all 4 rows of web loops, not just 3 as shown in the picture.

I'm intending this one for use with a Husqvarna bolt action 45-70 that is very slim and long.

Both types (and others, as well) are available in a number of colors, including black, camo, olive drab, and darker green, among others.

I will note that, if one of these or others look good to you, do your shopping! My impression is that there are only a few Chinese makers who are turning these things out, and the multitude of sellers just market them. So, you can find the same thing priced like gold, or priced fairly reasonably. I spent a long time looking on both Ebay and Amazon, and this was clear.

Another point: I insisted that any scabbard I'd buy would be made of actual woven cloth, and not just plastic that had an embossed pattern, which would not be very durable. Apparently, there is some mill in China that makes stuff called "Oxford cloth" (which obviously isn't made in Oxford! Why can't they just be honest and call it "Shenzhen cloth" or whatever? Everyone knows nothing is made in the USA or the UK anymore!)

Because these scabbards are made for shotguns, they don't work for rifles with a scope. Maybe there are ones that will, but I searched on "shotgun scabbard" and you may have luck searching by other terms if you want something for a scope.

Just for your information -- good luck!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman