Gamo fast shot 10X vs Diana Magnum 460

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Gamo fast shot 10X vs Diana Magnum 460

Post by vkpd » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:21 am

Hello. Having difficulty in choosing which of the two Air guns to go for. Wanted the Gun for hobby purpose only. I see a lot of web sites offering these guns: syndicate innovations, kovi bazaar, anissharmoury etc in the 50-60K range. Which ones are more reliable?
While Dianas fame is legendary, the Gamo fast shot 10X 10 shot magazine is quiet appealing. Looking at their prices on Pyramid Air, the Gamo 10X is at about $200 whereas the Diana 460 is at about $400. The Indian websites are however offering the Gamo at 60K and Diana at 53K. Is the Gamo overpriced here.
Appreciate any advice and feedback.
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Gamo fast shot 10X vs Diana Magnum 460

Post by dalvipravin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:51 am

Hi ,

Gamo guns are clearly overpriced and they need to bring their prices down , 150 to 250 usd guns can't be sold for 60k in india just because our import policy and stupid laws make imported guns scarcity .

For the comparison , I don't have any gamo yet and won't be unless I get some more Diana or weihrauch guns ...

Diana 460 is a premier magnum gun and has superior build and no doubt excellent accuracy . But if you don't like under levers you can also think of Diana 350 magnum .

If you don't want too much power as with power comes the patience and practice as they are diffficult to shoot due to heavy recoil ... Look for Diana 34 , she's anytime anyday rifle over Gamo and is around 44k on kiehberg.in

Personally I also like gamo guns but I won't pay anything above 35 to 45k for them and definitely not more than Diana guns !!

Cheers
Pravin

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks Pravin for your insight. Have been able to negotiate a deal for 48.6K for the Gamo Fast Shot 10X for a seller. However, the heart desires a Diana 460 whereas the mind points to a Gamo. Just that this model of the Gamo does not have open sight and hence additional investment on a scope will have to be considered. Fortunately, with the amended laws for Air guns , one can consider purchasing additional AGs if one has the passion and cash for it, but since this would be my first AG apart from an old IHP , I think I would probably go with the heart....I'll try to console the mind..
Cheers

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Sure , do share pictures and groupings of Gamo ..
Where are you buying from ?

Regards,
Pravin

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Please post pics of your buy.....also you can give your opinion after having played through the rifle.

It will help others here incase they too are in two minds.

All The Best.

goodburner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goodburner » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:10 am

Gamo often overstate their FPS values, but the quality of the material is unmistakably GOOD and will last you if you take care of it.
10 round Gamo is in my opinion much more important to me than Diana, but that might differ for you.
Who wouldn't want to shoot 10 rounds in under 30 seconds? It's still a dream for many because no Indian manafacturer has come forward to offer one at a reasonable cost.
Just look at some of the European Air Rifles, they are drool worthy and makes me sad I can't handle them.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi VIPs,

Which gun did you finally buy then ?

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:59 am

Hi,
Surprise! Picked up the Gamo Hunter 1250 Grizzly Pro. I guess I was looking for an airgun which was 'powerful' and hence the Diana Magnum 460 came to mind initially. The Gamo 10X fast shot drew my attention because of its newer technology, but wasn't quite in league in terms of power when compared to the Diana. Also the synthetic stock on the Gamo 10x wasn't very appealing. So in trying to compare an apple with an apple, I discovered the Gamo hunter 1250. Used abroad for hunting purposes also, this gun ticked all the boxes that I wanted. So the beauty arrived three days ago.
First impressions - solidly built, very premium beechwood matte finish stock, not the lightest airgun, shoots very accurately at 20mtrs using 10grn pellets.. what more can I say...very happy with this buy though cocking takes a bit of effort.
Haven't tried to get a grouping yet - just want to see the "power" and the accuracy of a shot at 60-80mtr. Have the liberty since I have lots of open spaces in the hills where I'm based. Posting some pictures of the grizzly..
Will share more details in time..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:43 am

Hi vkpd,

Nice buy. Yeah this one will shoot well for a longer range too. It will take a couple hundreds of shots to break in, then it will be smoother to cock.

Wide hilly areas and a gun in hand to shoot targets at various ranges, what else can one ask for. Njoy.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi Vkpd ,

Congratulations on your new AR .. I missed this post some how :)

Great looking gun ,

How is the balance and shot cycle ?
Which pellets does she like ?

Love the wooden stocks 🤩

Enjoy shooting and share some groupings at 25 40 yards, I bet she's good on power and accuracy both .

Cheers
Pravin

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:10 pm

vkpd wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:59 am
Hi,
Surprise! Picked up the Gamo Hunter 1250 Grizzly Pro. I guess I was looking for an airgun which was 'powerful' and hence the Diana Magnum 460 came to mind initially. The Gamo 10X fast shot drew my attention because of its newer technology, but wasn't quite in league in terms of power when compared to the Diana. Also the synthetic stock on the Gamo 10x wasn't very appealing. So in trying to compare an apple with an apple, I discovered the Gamo hunter 1250. Used abroad for hunting purposes also, this gun ticked all the boxes that I wanted. So the beauty arrived three days ago.
First impressions - solidly built, very premium beechwood matte finish stock, not the lightest airgun, shoots very accurately at 20mtrs using 10grn pellets.. what more can I say...very happy with this buy though cocking takes a bit of effort.
Haven't tried to get a grouping yet - just want to see the "power" and the accuracy of a shot at 60-80mtr. Have the liberty since I have lots of open spaces in the hills where I'm based. Posting some pictures of the grizzly..
Will share more details in time..

Congrats.....
Enjoy.....

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Congrats for your new toy, happy and safe shooting
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D