Import of Airguns via online shops

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mattammal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import of Airguns via online shops

Post by mattammal » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Hello Friends,
I just wanted to create a space for discussion exploring the possibility of importing an airgun legally via online shops. I have come across few websites based in Europe such as www.mundilar.net, www.europeairguns.com etc who ship airguns to India via courier or EMS postal service. If anyone has any experience in this regard, please share your experience and guide us....that would be highly appreciated as there are many who are struggling to find a way to import airguns legally. As per my understanding the legally allowed airguns are those in .177 cal and under 20 joules. And one should require membership in any air rifle association for legal import. Can some one shed more light on the topic? Some of the questions are the follows:
1. What are the required documents to be furnished for import?
2. How can we manage the clearance at Indian custom?
3. Do we need to pay any custom duty? If so, how many percentage?
The following are some of the online shops based in Europe that ship airguns to India legally:

https://www.mundilar.net/en/
https://www.europeairguns.com/en
https://www.krale.shop/en/

Hope the above link will help someone.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Import of Airguns via online shops

Post by dalvipravin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi ,

Yes I have a good experience with krale. I have imported 2 air rifles hw95 and hw50 from them.

1) you place order , ask them to pack well and attach your ID Cards and shooting certificates of any . Make sure gun is .177 and less than 15fpe.
2) They ship same day atleast Krale did with tracking .
3) It landed in india 3rd day itself and then your nightmare starts .
4) once it lands in customs if it's in courier mode they will ask you to transfer to cargo mode
5) Find a CHA customs handling agent , he will pick it with DO DELIVERY ORDER .You need to mail the shipping company for me it was UPS TO transfer it to cargo and with your CHA details
6) CHA then picks it for you and starts processing for customs
7) once you submit all documents Shoter ID , Certificates , PAN , PROOF of payment like your bank statement , Invoice copy , Adhar card . They will set up and inspection .
8) customs ofice may ask for verification of YOUR ID from the club , take letter from the club in case if you can in advance .Stating you are their member etc etc.
9) once customs officer clears it goes in to duty n formalities .
10) duty is 35 to 40% on invoice value , plus CHA charges ,Customs storage charges etc
11 ) once all formalities are done CHA will ship the gun from local courier if you don't reside in Delhi or Mumbai. I am not sure where else customs clearance happens in india or it does in all cities then you are good .my first rifle was before covid and was landed in mumbai customs and was bit essy .second got stuck in Delhi and I had to appoint a CHA there who worked on the clearance .

Once the gun is landed and till she's on your hands it's 15 to 20 days or circus you have to do ...but finally you get there if you have all documents and a little kind customs officer.

Be ready the actual gun cost will be almost double or 60 t 70 % more till she ends up in your hands.

Best luck .. let us know your journey :)

Cheers ,
Pravin Dalvi

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:10 pm

You can also buy legal 0.177 airguns from Indian online stores like pcpshop.in and airgunindia.com etc on pre order and you will get the gun with a proper bill also. They take care of all the troubles. End price may be a little more.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Awesome detailed narration by Pravin Dalvi, this should be a good Tutorial for all those yet interested in saving bucks from International purchases, poor chaps are not aware of the nightmare that they would go through after they hit the buy button and receive a SMS of money debited from their Bank Account. Now the CREEPY THRILLING JOURNEY for them will start.......and so will Surfing on Google for all the help in the world to somehow get their Airgun delivered to them. Their mobile will keep giving them SMS of the further debits from their Bank Accounts for payments to all those reasons mentioned by Pravin.

And if they don't have just one single document or if the Custom Officer has had a bad day , gosh...then God save the day.

So dear readers and future AirGun Purchase Enthusiasts Please order from reputed Indian Websites selling imported guns at higher prices, if you don't have the money now , start saving for it, one day you will have it,
once you have the money then complete your dream of purchasing the Imported Airgun. At the end it's just a Hobby or a Sport, something that will give you happiness, so better to spend more rather than spending lesser and then build fear of losing that lesser amount.

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:52 pm

HATSAN AT44 QES PCP 98 000 in India and 35 000 in Russia. Triple price for Turkey gun! It's madness. Better to buy Precihole.

mattammal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mattammal » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:23 am

Jagannatha wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:52 pm
HATSAN AT44 QES PCP 98 000 in India and 35 000 in Russia. Triple price for Turkey gun! It's madness. Better to buy Precihole.
I do live in Delhi. How can I contact you please?

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:22 am

GNV wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:10 pm
You can also buy legal 0.177 airguns from Indian online stores like pcpshop.in and airgunindia.com etc on pre order and you will get the gun with a proper bill also. They take care of all the troubles. End price may be a little more.
Apart from PCPshop & Kiehberg anyone aware of any other importer who can help import airgun on preorder..

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:21 pm

Not sure but try www.pyramydair.in