Loading CO2 in Air pistol : Screw type Vs Cantilever type - Which is best?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Rajiv85
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Loading CO2 in Air pistol : Screw type Vs Cantilever type - Which is best?

Post by Rajiv85 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 pm

Hello dear IFGns,

Hope everyone safe out there.

Well, We all know that Airguns has to be loaded with CO2 capsules to fire.

I have seen a lots of CO2 Airgun Pistols and most of them uses the traditional Screw type of loading system of CO2 Capsules with most of guns like Berretta, Colt, Gamo, CZ, Glocks, etc.

But I also recently came across some kind of Airgun Pistols which uses new Cantilever type of loading system of CO2 capsules mostly with Sig Sauer type of guns such as P226, P320, M17 and 1911 Spartan. They looks pretty easy to load as well.

I feel, the Screw in type of Loading CO2 is not so good because with tightening the screw one may not do it properly. Sometimes loose and sometimes too tight, resulting in just CO2 leaks and sometimes eventually resulting in Seal damages causing heavy leaks and finally destroying the pistol.

But on the other hand, these cantilever type of loading is standardized which fits in the CO2 Capsule in the CO2 housing perfectly as it is designed to, which to my guess will not give any leaking making the seal intact and leaving very little to no chances of seal damages, as there is no imperfect screwing.

But thats just not it. I read some reviews of both type of guns and some frustrated customers still reviewed saying both type of guns including the cantilever type of guns too still caused leaking problems. :(

So dear all, just wanna understand, which one is good to go. kindly share your thought and your personal experiences on this, which will useful for all including me. Because we don't live in a country where one can easily repair the leaking seals. Here imported airgun are very expensive too and no one would like to dump their expensive pistol into garbage just because its CO2 seal has broken due to awkward loading design.

Thanks in advance. Cheers :cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Loading CO2 in Air pistol : Screw type Vs Cantilever type - Which is best?

Post by Shivakr » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:46 am

Instead of new topic u can post this as reply to the earlier thread you started.. anyone who reads your full query will be able to respond better..

Rajiv85
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Loading CO2 in Air pistol : Screw type Vs Cantilever type - Which is best?

Post by Rajiv85 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:35 am

Yes, friend I know that. But as you saw, there was no proper response to that post. And also since its a old post now and many would have already seen that post, may have ignored it as it has lots of questions in that and hence, there are very little chances of getting response to any new thread in that post.

Also this post of concentrated only on the CO2 loading mechanisms.. This question was asked not so in details in my previous threads..
So Lets see, if anyone with good knowledge of this, share their thoughts.. Because I am need of their experiences and thoughts for the query I ask..

Thanks anyways.. :cheers: