How to zero in the iron sights for NX200?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
AirRifleEnthusiast
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to zero in the iron sights for NX200?

Post by AirRifleEnthusiast » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Hey guys. Recently I bought my first air rifle Nx200 Athena and I am loving it. When I use it to shoot at cans it hits them with no problem as I am aiming at an object with the intent to just hit it. But when I aim at a ring in the target I realize my shots go a bit below. I tried moving the dial for elevation but it either goes up or down. I don't know what settings should I move the dial to so I can get the accuracy of hitting where I aim. Can someone help me with this as I am not much literate when it comes to this. Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: How to zero in the iron sights for NX200?

Post by Woods » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Doing anything with sights as you please , does not work . And shots not hitting the target does not slways mean that thd sights need adjustment . Please post some pictures of the target card you shot st . Do this - shoot 5 pellets on a card then change the card and shoot 5 more pellets . Take the aim as you should take it without adjusting eye sight line with reference to gun sights . Then post the pictures of those two cards here . I am sure many in the forum will be able to figure out the needful .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

hillsman
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hillsman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:39 pm

I agree with Woods.
When I first started plinking, I used to adjust the sights after every shot or so if the pellet would miss the target. But I realized 99% of the time, it is the shooter at fault or the pellets (in my case at least :)). As suggested above, try shooting at least 5 pellets at the target/bullseye without adjusting the sights. If all or most pellets are grouped together, you can go ahead and adjust your sights as required. If the pellets spread all over the target, its most probably shooter error or the pellets not suiting your rifle, or, a defective air rifle(unlikely in your case as the Precihole air rifles are mostly accurate) . Try to practice more and try different pellets. Air rifles can be uniquely picky when it comes to pellets.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:39 pm

Hello,

Perhaps, this video may be of some use.

Cheers!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:35 am

Just to add.. it’s a new barrel, let about half a tin of pellets to pass through the barrel for it to settle down.. also use a stable platform to rest the rifle when u zero the rifle .. the above video is by a pro, u need the rifle to be stable..

which brand & type of pellets are u using.. and what is the target distance..

Don’t hesitate to ask any follow up question..

snipeshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by snipeshot » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Shivakr wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:35 am
Just to add.. it’s a new barrel, let about half a tin of pellets to pass through the barrel for it to settle down.. also use a stable platform to rest the rifle when u zero the rifle .. the above video is by a pro, u need the rifle to be stable..

please don't be offended, but its not the barrel to settle down, but the shooter to be familiar with the gun weight, shooting positions etc., the more he/she shoots the more the shooter becomes comfortable and develops a good eye-hand coordination. The air gun barrel will not change anyhow after shooting a tin or half.

snipeshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by snipeshot » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Don't hurry in changing the factory settings until you are sure that that you are shooting properly, follow the steps to zero your gun.

Firing Position : Make a comfortable firing position such as sitting on a chair and placing gun on a gun rest over a bench or into prone position.

Fire to see the groups at POI: Now shoot 5 pellets on the target at least 10 meters away, aim for the same point for all the 5 shots and see the result. If all the 5 shots are in close group of less than an inch than you are good to go for windage and elevation adjustment. Don't make any changes until you can make group of pellets at POI which equal or less than an inch.

Make settings: There is simple rule to zero your sights,
Front Sight (sight at the muzzle): if front sight is adjustable: move the sight towards the POI eg. if pellet is hitting above the target then move the sight up (or increase the height) and if the pellet is hitting below the target move the sight downward (or decrease the height).

Rear Sight ( sight near the stock): move the sight to opposite direction of the POI. Eg. if the POI is above the target move the sight downwards and if the POI is below the target then move the sight to upward direction (or elevate it).

Windage Adjustment (always with rear sight): Move the settings to the opposite direction of POI. Eg. if the POI is to the left of the target move the sight towards right and vice versa.

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:20 pm

snipeshot wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Shivakr wrote:

please don't be offended, but its not the barrel to settle down, but the shooter to be familiar with the gun weight, shooting positions etc., the more he/she shoots the more the shooter becomes comfortable and develops a good eye-hand coordination. The air gun barrel will not change anyhow after shooting a tin or half.
There is nothing to be offended we are all sharing to help each other, it collectively increases knowledge.. & totally agree shooter must first get comfortable with the airgun.. (y)

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:02 pm

snipeshot wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Shivakr wrote:

May be he wanted to say seasoning of barrel that's a real thing I must say out of my personal experiences.

Regards
Veerbhadra