Bushnell Red dot scope for Armada-is Chinese make ok to buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Bushnell Red dot scope for Armada-is Chinese make ok to buy?

Post by arbind » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi all,
I've enclosed some pics of a red dot scope purportedly made by Bushnell, sent to me by a dealer.

I asked if was an original and the person was gracious enough to say it's of Chinese make.

I'd like to know if it's worth buying.

The quoted price is 4.5k.

Thanks !
Screenshot_20210908-183028_WhatsApp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arb

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter50
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Bushnell Red dot scope for Armada-is Chinese make ok to buy?

Post by shooter50 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am

Most scopes except for the really expensive ones like Schmit and Bender, Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss etc are now made in China.

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:59 pm

arbind wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm
Hi all,
I've enclosed some pics of a red dot scope purportedly made by Bushnell, sent to me by a dealer.

I asked if was an original and the person was gracious enough to say it's of Chinese make.

Thanks !
If u want to do long range shooting it's waste of money get a proper scope instead..because after 30 yards the small targets will be covered by DOT itself..holographic sights are good only with guns which does not need precise placements or for quicker target acquisition..

Regards
Veerbhadra

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:38 pm

arbind wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm
Hi all,

Thanks !

Your dealer is actually a gentleman I can say. At least he cleared it at first that it's a copy. I don't know in which weapon you are planning to install it but all this Chinese goods are just scrap. Your 4.5k also will go in waste.
Regards

Shivaji

arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arbind » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Hi Shivaji.Dasgupta and others,

Hello all !

Want to fix the laser dot in an Armada PCP.

Any suggestions where one could get an original one with minimum maintenance and long life.

Or is it enough to use a Centre Point 4×16-40 scope which came with the Benjamin?

I thought the laser dot would make it easier to use the rifle at night.

Thanks and regards,
Arb

Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 pm

arbind wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Hello all !

Any suggestions where one could get an original one with minimum maintenance and long life.

Or is it enough to use a Centre Point 4×16-40 scope which came with the Benjamin?

Thanks and regards,
A good scope with illumination and powerful mounted torch will do just fine.

Regards
Veerbhadra

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:01 pm

arbind wrote:

Hello all !

Thanks and regards,
I suggest use centre point scope. It will be sufficient. What Is the cal. .177 or .22.
Bro. Don't take otherwise but An Air rifle with a night vision or illuminated optics or with lights attached is hardly have any use in Indian context. Except target practice, in rural areas pest control may possible within limits but in urban areas that option is even not available.
Use ur money in some decent scope and enjoy your weapon. It's really a wonderful Air Rifle.
Regards

Shivaji

arbind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arbind » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:01 pm
arbind wrote:

Hello all !

Thanks and regards,
I suggest use centre point scope. It will be sufficient. What Is the cal. .177 or .22.
Bro. Don't take otherwise but An Air rifle with a night vision or illuminated optics or with lights attached is hardly have any use in Indian context. Except target practice, in rural areas pest control may possible within limits but in urban areas that option is even not available.
Use ur money in some decent scope and enjoy your weapon. It's really a wonderful Air Rifle.
Hi Shivaji !

Thanks for your suggestions. It's a 0.22 bought for pest control in my farm. 0.177 isn't that effective. And, yes, the farm is situated close to thick forests.

Thanks
Arb

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am

Illumination will help for close range pest control say up to 30 to 40 meters, if the torch is really powerful and has adjustments for wide and narrow beams then you can set it to your requirements and you will be able to shoot rodents even at night.

And yes a scope will help you too in getting better accuracy from your PCP. The center point scope you have should be fine for your requirement.

saravananazhar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by saravananazhar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi,
Buy a branded head torch light, and go for centre point scope, coz this scope comes with red, green, blue light reticle for night vision!hope this works for pest control!!!

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:01 pm

arbind wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:01 pm
arbind wrote:

Hello all !

Thanks and regards,
Hi Shivaji !

Thanks for your suggestions. It's a 0.22 bought for pest control in my farm. 0.177 isn't that effective. And, yes, the farm is situated close to thick forests.

Thanks
A very late reply on your post. It just skip from my checks. I am agree with your view Taht in pest control .177 us not effective. Specifically when it comes to vermin control. .22 is best in hand option at present but due to recent disputes and Ban on .22 I prefer to Traditional ways of pest control just to avoid any sort of trouble.

Regards
Regards

Shivaji