suggest from all the Air rifle experts

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

suggest from all the Air rifle experts

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 am

Hi Guys,

Please help me with buying a New Air rifle.
I want to go for a Imported Air rifle or any Accurate and powerful Indian Make

thanks

Bhushistar.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: suggest from all the Air rifle experts

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:04 am

Perhaps guys here will listen and advice you if you just take care of common courtesy of introducing you in proper section.. :roll:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey Bhushistar welcome aboard buddy!
do tell us a little more about yourself and if you have previously owned an air rifle or a rifle/gun.

mate to buy an imported air rifle first you need loads of cash and then you also have to maintain it well, handle it carefully because a powerful air rifle could do some severe damage as well.
What most people around here would suggest you is rather than buying a rifle from here in India, try to get it from outside. you will end up paying a 35% duty but still you'll have a great variety to choose from and it'll end up to be a lot cheaper.

Just go through some previous posts on the forum, you'd have get answers to most of your questions.

This is just a novices' opinion, stick around to get a word or two from the gurus :)

Cheers
Sid

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Welcome

Better to start with indian stuff and later go for the high quality imported suff ( at a premium cost ofcourse ). You can get indian Air rifle for about 2800 ~ 4000. Look arround the air gun section you'll get load of information.

Enjoy
-Kanwal

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Sid_kapur30 wrote:Hey Bhushistar welcome aboard buddy!
do tell us a little more about yourself and if you have previously owned an air rifle or a rifle/gun.

mate to buy an imported air rifle first you need loads of cash and then you also have to maintain it well, handle it carefully because a powerful air rifle could do some severe damage as well.
What most people around here would suggest you is rather than buying a rifle from here in India, try to get it from outside. you will end up paying a 35% duty but still you'll have a great variety to choose from and it'll end up to be a lot cheaper.

Just go through some previous posts on the forum, you'd have get answers to most of your questions.

This is just a novices' opinion, stick around to get a word or two from the gurus :)

Cheers
Sid
Hey Sid,

Thanks Buddy for suggesting, I am new to all these forum, as this is the first forum i found of my Interest.

I am from Mumbai, Working with a Software Co. I am in trekking and Nature Trailing since last 10 yrs, Most of the time alone, but never went out of Maharastra, I love snakes and I love to save them from people, I have rescued 14 Vipers, 3 Cobras and a 13feet Python.
I am nature loving person and had a craze for guns since my childhood, I have been handling guns since age of 13, but those were double barrel and single barrel, but nowadays I want some skils to be applied to it, as double barrels don need that skill I am willing to go for a powerful and accurate air rifle. I have one Airrifle that was gifted to me, Its an Kolkatta make and is inaccurate above 50 feets.
This is all about me.

Do we have a powerful and accurate Indian make?
If I need to buy an airgun from outside? Do you guys know anyone who can help me?

Hey Inder,

Thanks alot for letting me know.

Bhushistar

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:34 pm

Bhushistar

Since you have alredy owned and handeled some indian made air rifles and have one hell'va experience with guns as well, you could definitely handle a good air rifle.

Though wont know of some one who get rifle from outside for you, but if you do ever get a chance to go overseas, you should get your hands on one. If that is something not feasible, i'd suggest you visit some dealers (names, addresses and no.'s given in the yellowpages section) in around Mumbai. You do get air rifles such as HW77K and diana 350 (mentioned these two, as i really wana get them) in India as well, but you have to shell out a bomb for it.
Check out the Air rifles section in the forums, some posts related to these rifles have been discussed recently.

Do post in your queries and try checking the for sale section, you might find something to your interest there

Cheers
Sid

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Sid_kapur30 wrote:Bhushistar

Since you have alredy owned and handeled some indian made air rifles and have one hell'va experience with guns as well, you could definitely handle a good air rifle.

Though wont know of some one who get rifle from outside for you, but if you do ever get a chance to go overseas, you should get your hands on one. If that is something not feasible, i'd suggest you visit some dealers (names, addresses and no.'s given in the yellowpages section) in around Mumbai. You do get air rifles such as HW77K and diana 350 (mentioned these two, as i really wana get them) in India as well, but you have to shell out a bomb for it.
Check out the Air rifles section in the forums, some posts related to these rifles have been discussed recently.

Do post in your queries and try checking the for sale section, you might find something to your interest there

Cheers
Sid
Thanks Sid,

I will check those options right away.

Bhushsitar

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:48 pm

Emery,

There is no "correct answer" for such a question... which is probably why, there aren't many responses to your query... What you should do first is do some research on the net and find out a bit about air-rifles in general... To get you started, there are 4 main types of "power plants" for air-rifles:

1) Spring piston
2) Pneumatic single stroke
3) Pneumatic multi-pump
4) Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP)
5) CO2 gas based

Every type has it's pluses and minuses, you need to FIRST decide which TYPE fits your needs.

Like any other tool, air-rifles are designed differently to suit different purposes therefore one's choices would be very different based on one's specific needs/ tastes AND budget.

For instance, a person wishing to participate in competitive 10m air-rifle events would be well served by purchasing a US$2,000 (or more) low powered but highly accurate competition grade air-rifle, however someone who just wishes to plink in his backyard, or someone else who wishes to use it for pest control (rats etc.) would be wasting his hard earned money on what is still a good piece of kit!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:07 pm

mundaire wrote:Emery,

There is no "correct answer" for such a question... which is probably why, there aren't many responses to your query... What you should do first is do some research on the net and find out a bit about air-rifles in general... To get you started, there are 4 main types of "power plants" for air-rifles:

1) Spring piston
2) Pneumatic single stroke
3) Pneumatic multi-pump
4) Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP)
5) CO2 gas based

Every type has it's pluses and minuses, you need to FIRST decide which TYPE fits your needs.

Like any other tool, air-rifles are designed differently to suit different purposes therefore one's choices would be very different based on one's specific needs/ tastes AND budget.

For instance, a person wishing to participate in competitive 10m air-rifle events would be well served by purchasing a US$2,000 (or more) low powered but highly accurate competition grade air-rifle, however someone who just wishes to plink in his backyard, or someone else who wishes to use it for pest control (rats etc.) would be wasting his hard earned money on what is still a good piece of kit!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for the info,

I would wish to go for pest control, as its affecting my farms. But at this moment I am confused, Please suggest me a rifle tha has accuracy power and suits Indian climate.

my old air rifle shoots to right and down off the target, almost 3 inches apart, at 55 feets. Thats why I want to go for a new one, I had; servicing done on the rifle, but of no use; Still its shoots away from the target. That makes me reluctant to aim at the target above 50 feets.

please suggest.

I am interested in Pre charge pnuematic gun. Can u suggest me anything in this category.

I just saw a Talon Condor on net, but Ithink that will cost a fortune to me.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Bhushistar.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:47 pm

Emery,

You may only carry out pest control on those animals listed under Schedule V (vermin) of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972 without having valid crop protection permission.

If you shoot at any living thing not mentioned in Schedule V without the necessary permission, you will be breaking the law.

Mack The Knife

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Mack The Knife Bana wrote:Emery,

You may only carry out pest control on those animals listed under Schedule V (vermin) of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972 without having valid crop protection permission.

If you shoot at any living thing not mentioned in Schedule V without the necessary permission, you will be breaking the law.

Mack The Knife
Hi Mack The Knife,

Those are brown Rats that I am going for. I don't like killing animals, but these rats are creating major probs, last month when my dad dug out a hole on the edge of my farm he found 4.kg rice in that rat hole.

We are into rice farming. I dont like poison it as that may kill some innocent creatures too, so only want to target these rats.

Thanks Bhushistar

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:27 pm

Emery";p="33003 wrote: my old air rifle shoots to right and down off the target, almost 3 inches apart, at 55 feets. Thats why I want to go for a new one, I had; servicing done on the rifle, but of no use; Still its shoots away from the target. That makes me reluctant to aim at the target above 50 feets.
not trying to be smart here but the only problem with your gun might be related to the sights not being zeroed properly. i'm sure you are aware that the point you need to aim at to hit the target changes with change in distance , and the two are often not co incident.

apart from that, i do agree with others. research this site, and others....airgunbbs is a good starter, and the internet. decide a need and a budget first. (and add 20%) to it if planning to acquire anything in india itself :wink: )

best of luck
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 pm

While making a choice for a PCP, do keep in mind that PCP's entail additional expense on accessories... for instance you may want additional (spare) cylinders and you'll definitely NEED some sort of a pump for refills. A manual pump at the bare minimum would be required, or if you have spare cash an electric motor driven pump would be really sweet (and bloody expensive). If you go in for the electric pump option, you might want to also buy a good scuba cylinder - to store larger quantities of high pressure air for instant refills, thus avoiding the hassle of running the pump each time you want to refill the cylinders...

That said, PCP's are capable of much higher power and have no recoil and are therefore easier to shoot accurately... They do make an awfully loud noise though...

I'd love to get my hands on a good PCP too, but budget constraints have been holding me back :(

The AirForce guns seem to have mixed reviews... to avoid many of the shortcomings, it might be worthwhile to buy it from Tim (Mac1 Airguns) and have him tune the trigger and the gun before he sends it to you... the extra expense would be well worth it... Or you might want to just up your budget a bit and go in for a PCP by AirArms or Weirauch... ;)

As to HOW TO get your hands on a Condor... read the 2 threads on members real life experiences while importing airguns via post AND also via personal baggage (when returning to India). I'd say import it yourself, and leave the unscrupulous dealers in India well alone!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Emery
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Emery » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm

mundaire wrote:While making a choice for a PCP, do keep in mind that PCP's entail additional expense on accessories... for instance you may want additional (spare) cylinders and you'll definitely NEED some sort of a pump for refills. A manual pump at the bare minimum would be required, or if you have spare cash an electric motor driven pump would be really sweet (and bloody expensive). If you go in for the electric pump option, you might want to also buy a good scuba cylinder - to store larger quantities of high pressure air for instant refills, thus avoiding the hassle of running the pump each time you want to refill the cylinders...

That said, PCP's are capable of much higher power and have no recoil and are therefore easier to shoot accurately... They do make an awfully loud noise though...

I'd love to get my hands on a good PCP too, but budget constraints have been holding me back :(

The AirForce guns seem to have mixed reviews... to avoid many of the shortcomings, it might be worthwhile to buy it from Tim (Mac1 Airguns) and have him tune the trigger and the gun before he sends it to you... the extra expense would be well worth it... Or you might want to just up your budget a bit and go in for a PCP by AirArms or Weirauch... ;)

As to HOW TO get your hands on a Condor... read the 2 threads on members real life experiences while importing airguns via post AND also via personal baggage (when returning to India). I'd say import it yourself, and leave the unscrupulous dealers in India well alone!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Thanks Abhijeet

I will check the threads.

Bhushistar

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Just a small note on the Airforce airguns. These guns do not have the caliber stamped on them since the barrels are interchangeable. Ordering these by post could lead to problems since Customs will need the caliber marked on the airgun.

GG