Suggest Airgun To Buy In 2022

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
asanadhya4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Suggest Airgun To Buy In 2022

Post by asanadhya4 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi Members,
I am highly addicted towards guns and I am finally planning to buy my first airgun. I am highly confused to choose a descent airrifle. The best air rifles nx200, Xena doesnt fit my criteria as I also wish to fit sound corks.My requirements are listed below.
1. Want Wooden Stock
2. Sound Cork Compatible
3. Descent Power and accuracy
4. Rifled Barrel

I need help of the shooting veterans of this forum to choose my first airgun, my choice is SDB sport currently, 2nd Artemis, as I need wooden stock only SDB seems to be an option. Please suggest which rifle wud be perfect to buy keeping in mind the above criterion.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Suggest Airgun To Buy In 2022

Post by Shivakr » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:28 pm

Both Precihole NX200 & SDB XENA are excellent air rifles..

If i were to choose a new air rifle, apart from above i will also look at SDB GENNEX PRO.

I don’t have any of the above air rifles. But all these three air rifles have been discussed in depth in this forum & some good YouTube reviews.. I hope u are aware NX200 is nitro piston while SDBs are springers..

Wooden or synthetic stock does not matter much to me, as both on the above air rifles are well made. From what i have read synthetic stocks will be easier to maintain & most manufactures are now opting for same. But wooden stock does have its own charm.

I don’t know how important sound cork is for you, but I will ignore the same while choosing the air rifle. And may be pick a cheap air pistol for sound cork.

I will also ignore all other models offered by SDB apart from SDB XENA & GENNEX PRO as these are much superior.

Also if I am not wrong Precihole VX100 is sound cork compatible. Precihole also sells metal front sight separately, but am not sure if the same can be fitted to NX200 to make it sound cork compatible.

asanadhya4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asanadhya4 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:25 am

Hi,
Thanks for the great reply!! Any idea about SDB Sport as I got attracted to this light AR, and read on this forum only that it is the most underrated rifle from SDB.

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:31 pm

asanadhya4 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:25 am
Hi,
Thanks for the great reply!! Any idea about SDB Sport as I got attracted to this light AR, and read on this forum only that it is the most underrated rifle from SDB.
It must be some old thread. SDB GENNEX PRO is their latest offering, from the reviews on YouTube & threads on this forum it seems superior than SDB Sports.

I have not used any of these air rifles.. i also want to get an air rifle sometime latter..

hillsman
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hillsman » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Hi asanadhya4,
I'm just curious, what do you intend to use the "sound cork" for?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Shivakr wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:31 pm
asanadhya4 wrote:
Hi,
It must be some old thread. SDB GENNEX PRO is their latest offering, from the reviews on YouTube & threads on this forum it seems superior than SDB Sports.

I have not used any of these air rifles.. i also want to get an air rifle sometime latter..
I had Sport...this is a good AR in medium power range.
I have Gennexpro...
It is most accurate AR comparable with any imported springer at such competitive rate.
Shooter may miss but not the gun.
The videos speak for itself.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

asanadhya4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asanadhya4 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:36 pm

hillsman wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:45 pm
Hi asanadhya4,
I'm just curious, what do you intend to use the "sound cork" for?
To scare thieves, and wild animals(panther,hyna) as We have farmhouse and wildlife is in proximity.

asanadhya4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by asanadhya4 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Basu wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:46 pm
Shivakr wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:31 pm
asanadhya4 wrote:
Hi,

I had Sport...this is a good AR in medium power range.
I have Gennexpro...
It is most accurate AR comparable with any imported springer at such competitive rate.
Shooter may miss but not the gun.
The videos speak for itself.

Basu
Thanks Basu Sir,
I think it was your comment only which I read about sport. Thanks for your reply, will definitely consider gennexpro

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Dear asanadhya,
SDB SPORT is a well build medium powered Airrifle in the affordable cost, you can buy SDB SPORT blindly no doubt..I hope it will fulfill your needs, happy shooting
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:36 pm

i suggest u keep both things separated .i.e sound corck gun and decent airgun.
for sound effects for your purpose u can get very cheap airpistol at very low price which will serve the purposes .even u can get for ard 1000 bucks online.
pl get a good air rifle with low weight like sdb xena and enjoy hours of shooting /plinking.
regards

siddharthamahavira
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddharthamahavira » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:30 pm

Hello good people!
I hope this message finds you all in great shape and spirits!
Have been loitering on this forum for a long time and registered myself just yesterday as a childhood dream and my first air rifle came delivered at my doorsteps. A very lovely dark brown and hefty SDB, model 35. Got it for ₹4,999 from airgunshop.in (Mr Mustafa of Najmi Fireworks, Bilaspur, CG). The gun with a He-man sling, 500 Super Dyna pellets, and ₹500 shipping to Sonbhadra, UP, cost me ₹6,099 pre-paid.
I went for this gun because of the high praises heaped by the learned Mr Basu and several others on Model 45, 65, and others. Their testament to the quality and longevity of SDBs even decades old swayed me this way. This seemed to be the cheapest one in their stable with good pedigree. So rather than the Precihole NX200 or the SDB Sniper Nitro, I decided to get this at 1/3Rd the price to get a hang of airgunning.
The gun has great fit and finish, the rifling looks good, and it shoots damn sharp right out of the box even with a pellet like Mastershot. I am able to hit matchboxes at 20 yards 5-6 out of 10 times, If I shoot sitting down with the gun supported on the knees.
The sights seem to be just at the flattest level, means zeroed at zero.
Are all airguns front heavy? I expected the gun to be balanced at its grip, but it needs a firm support near the barrel break to hold it steady, while I prefer to be holding it just ahead of the trigger guard for best stability in the 100 or so pellets that I have shot, which puts much strain on the supporting hand.
The pivots are all greased abundantly.
The seal seems to be flush with the barrel block, I expected it to slightly protrude for a better seal against the reciever block. Is the flush seal normal?
The rifling seems to be retaining bits of the pellet particles at random points after each shot. Is that okay?
Some pellets get easily inserted while some need to be pushed a bit. Is that fine?
I noticed a good deal of lubricant around the seal, which dried off and wiped as I fired more shots. Will that dry up the seal and lead to air leaks or should I put some lubricant on it as I retire the gun for the night?
Any idea regarding the FPS and FPE at muzzle ? This gun has reportedly the same internals as SDB 45/55/65/75/95.
How do people shoot one inch groups at 30 or 40 yards? The front sight dot seems to be bigger than a two inch matchbox at 20 yards.
Any tips regarding maintenance and upkeep? Any tips for an absolute beginner?

Phew! Apologies for the length, but I do need your help and guidance. The wealth of information that you guys have cultivated in the pages of this forum is a tresure trove. I thank you all for this!

Siddhartha Mahavira

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:27 pm

siddharthamahavira, we are happy to have you join our group! I hope that you enjoy your time here, that you will profit from the collective wisdom here, and that you will share your own learnings with us, as well.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman