Peep Sight on My Precihole NX200 - and any other tips for amateur like me

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
SuRaj8796
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Peep Sight on My Precihole NX200 - and any other tips for amateur like me

Post by SuRaj8796 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:44 pm

Hi Fellow enthusiasts,
I am new to the shooting world. I have been a huge enthusiast of weapons and with the basic course, I have entered the peaceful world of shooting. The peace of mind and breath control have been like a spiritual journey for me.

After this I purchased NX200 - I wanted to understand from you all that, can I use this gun in state-level shooting competitions(with peep sights), and for that can I install peep sights on my NX200. Has anyone done this? How is the performance of NX200 with peep sights??

I am 29 and competition is actually not my priority I just enjoy going to a range and shooting so even if that doesn't work in competition I am OK. But as an enthusiast what would be right? Sticking to open sight or practicing with peep sight? I know I have asked so many questions but someone please help me with this.

moved thread to the Air Guns forum, as this is not a "rifle" issue -- moderator

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Peep Sight on My Precihole NX200 - and any other tips for amateur like me

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:33 pm

With this type of air rifle, you would do best to compete in open sight category not peep sight. As, in peep sight category you'd be pitting yourself against shooters equipped with the latest/ greatest match grade rifles.

As a hobby shooter using this type of equipment, open sight competition events would be a reasonable way to test yourself without too great a handicap.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

SuRaj8796
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by SuRaj8796 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:55 pm

mundaire wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:33 pm
With this type of air rifle, you would do best to compete in open sight category not peep sight. As, in peep sight category you'd be pitting yourself against shooters equipped with the latest/ greatest match grade rifles.

As a hobby shooter using this type of equipment, open sight competition events would be a reasonable way to test yourself without too great a handicap.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I will continue practicing with open sights. Thank You!

kamalbhaichara
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kamalbhaichara » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi Friends,

I too bought NX200 , I have started practice a little.
I am from small city in Uttar Pradesh, I dont know if using this air Gun , I can participate any district level competition in Future?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:12 pm

kamalbhaichara wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:13 pm
Hi Friends,

I too bought NX200 , I have started practice a little.
I am from small city in Uttar Pradesh, I dont know if using this air Gun , I can participate any district level competition in Future?
Airgun matches are heavily equipment dependent. You will be handicapping yourself at serious tournaments against shooters using top-end German match rifles. So practice with the rifle you have and check your group size. In competition, your group should be inside the ten and nine rings. You achieve this with a pcp and so you might want to buy a Precihole PCP rifle and filling gear. Take a look at YouTube videos if need be to see how technical it gets.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.