New pcp Diana stormrider 3rd gen

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
manindersinghajimal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

New pcp Diana stormrider 3rd gen

Post by manindersinghajimal » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm

Hello all,

unboxing link:

I am posting after a long time, but have always appreciated the information I found here!

So after some research and my budget allowing me, I purchased a Diana Stormrider 3rd gen and I am loving this thing. My previous one is an NX100, which I enjoyed really.

Few things that I like about this new pcp:
1. It's just light as a feather.
2. Build quality is really good. (compared to px100)
3. Power is also quite good.(easily punches a hole through a steel serving plate)
4. Stock is made out of real wood, which makes it feed premium.
5. The stock fit around cylinder and trigger is perfect when compared to PX100.
6. It's really accurate( I was able to try and do .5 inch ctc from 40 feet. Which I was never able achieve with NX100. I always felt that gun jumps)

Few things I do not like about this pcp:
1. It's not as quite as px100 x3 classic.
2. Shot count is not enough(only 35-40 shots with full power)
3. Accessories are expensive.(The 2nd magazine, I wanted to purchase it but it's costing around 4500 on pcpshop.in)

PS. Before I purchased Diana, I actually bought PX100 x3 classic and boy oh boy! It was silent as a whisper. But it was leaking air and I didn't want to tinker with it, so with heavy heart I took it back. The dealership said it will take time for any resolution. There I saw the Diana and asked if I can buy the Diana and return the PX100 which they agreed.