Best wrench to disassemble brass/petal connector from the cylinder in Precihole PX100

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Kharsang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Best wrench to disassemble brass/petal connector from the cylinder in Precihole PX100

Post by Kharsang » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm

The last time I tried disassembling the petal/brass connector from the main cylinder with the aid of a bench vice and adjustable wrench, brass being very brittle in nature, got chipped off very easily, thereby ultimately completely damaging it. I had to discard the whole cylinder assembly and buy a new one for approximately 8000 rupees as the brass connector isn't sold separately.
I want to again disassemble the brass part to make room for a regulator, but yet again I risk damaging it. Therefore, can anyone please suggest me a socket wrench or any wrench to hold the brass connector and safely disassemble it from the cylinder?

Thank you for the help in advance.
PX100 cylinder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Best wrench to disassemble brass/petal connector from the cylinder in Precihole PX100

Post by Shivakr » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:12 pm

I think “strap wrench” should be suitable for the work… you can search the same on Amazon.

Also wrench made with material like ABS will also work. I have seen this included with building toys, but haven’t come across wrench set made of similar material..

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Best wrench to disassemble brass/petal connector from the cylinder in Precihole PX100

Post by Jagannatha » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:54 pm

The best
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:20 pm

Kharsang wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm
The last time I tried disassembling the petal/brass connector from the main cylinder with the aid of a bench vice and adjustable wrench, brass being very brittle in nature, got chipped off very easily, thereby ultimately completely damaging it. I had to discard the whole cylinder assembly and buy a new one for approximately 8000 rupees as the brass connector isn't sold separately.
I want to again disassemble the brass part to make room for a regulator, but yet again I risk damaging it. Therefore, can anyone please suggest me a socket wrench or any wrench to hold the brass connector and safely disassemble it from the cylinder?

Thank you for the help in advance.

PX100 cylinder.jpg
I had removed it many times on many different Achilleses without any problem using and adjustable spanner.

- GNV