Scope Suggestions for PX100 Air Rifle and Help with Pump

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Scope Suggestions for PX100 Air Rifle and Help with Pump

Post by Mr.Shome » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:59 am

Hello Friends,

I am much confused about the scope to use for PX 100 Achilles, despite sifting through YouTube videos and this forum.

Would be happy to know the feedback of folks, who have used the same.

My budget is 10k, but please do feel free to make your suggestions. As of now, I don't want to tinker with the rifle to make any power or range enhancements.

Most importantly, presently, I am in Kolkata. Bought the rifle online. Facing trouble with the pump. Online support from the seller is not resolving my issue. The local gun shops aren't also ready to help out (despite offering to buy a new pump, with the provision that they demonstrate it before I buy the same).

I would be highly obliged if PX 100 owners in Kolkata step in to help a fellow enthusiast.

Happy Shooting!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Scope Suggestions for PX100 Air Rifle and Help with Pump

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:29 pm

Hi All,

Just to highlight my post again for people using PX 100 Achilles in Kolkata. Would be delighted to connect and discuss some points.

Thank you!
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

nikitagupta2106
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nikitagupta2106 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:13 pm

1. Why can't they repair the pump?! They may charge around 2k to fix the pump.
2. For scope, go with the Discovery brand scope of anywhere from 9x to 12x. You will get it for about 10k. Some of the models aren't made for PCP and can be 2-3 times more expensive even though it's just 9x. Since PCP doesn't have recoil, you will be fine. You won't need more than 12x to be honest unless you want to spy on people LOL.
3. Finally, don't buy any replica scopes. The quality is bad. Most scope brands like Bushnell are replicas.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:56 am

nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:13 pm
1. Why can't they repair the pump?! They may charge around 2k to fix the pump.
2. For scope, go with the Discovery brand scope of anywhere from 9x to 12x. You will get it for about 10k. Some of the models aren't made for PCP and can be 2-3 times more expensive even though it's just 9x. Since PCP doesn't have recoil, you will be fine. You won't need more than 12x to be honest unless you want to spy on people LOL.
3. Finally, don't buy any replica scopes. The quality is bad. Most scope brands like Bushnell are replicas.
Hi Nikita,

Thank you for all the suggestions.

1. Yes, it beats me as, to why the folks in Kolkata in Kolkata seem to have vowed against looking into the pump. So, I am sending it back for repair/exchange.

2. Thanks for sharing your experience. On a lighter note, I may sell everything and but a telescope to spy ROTFL
:-D :-D :- (the idea is devilishly tempting).

3. A humble thanks again for this advice.

Regards and wish you memorable shooting experiences👍