Break barrel rifle trigger problem

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Break barrel rifle trigger problem

Post by GVS » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:22 pm

Hi All,

My old break barrel springer rifle from ISW is having problems with the locking and trigger mechanism, I think.

After I break the barrel, insert the pellet and pull down the barrel to load it, things seem fine. No sooner than I return the barrel to the firing positon, the gun fires automatically without the trigger being pulled.

What could be causing this and how to fix it?

regards
GVS
Being in your own business means working 80 hrs a week so that you don't have to work 40 hrs for somebody else

For Advertising mail webmaster
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Break barrel rifle trigger problem

Post by Kittu » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:59 am

Sear or trigger have worn out. Some model have separate sear some have trigger only which acts as sear and trigger both .
That is why it is going of at very slight shock. It is part that locks piston rod and trigger. take it to a gunsmith he he will file off round edges and make them flat . its 30 minute job.
don't open it yourself spring inside is stiff and compressed it can cause severe injuries if you don't have proper tools and proper knowledge.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:36 am

Sear has worn out. Take it to a gunsmith. He will add some metal through weilding and reshape it. The recoil spring in air guns are huge and very stiff so avoid disassembling yourself.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

GVS
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GVS » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Thanks Vineet and Kittu,

Mine is an old model where trigger also acts as a sear . I had removed it once long back and like you said the spring is very tough to put back.
Will give it to a gunsmith and have him fix the problem.
Being in your own business means working 80 hrs a week so that you don't have to work 40 hrs for somebody else

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:48 pm

My 28 year old break barrel too had the same problem years back, gave it to the Gunsmith and it shoots as good as new now too.