Precihole PP100 series

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Rajorshi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Precihole PP100 series

Post by Rajorshi » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:19 pm

Seen this? This is beautiful. I only wish it was a tad smaller, like 25 cms or so total length, and around 8-9 FPE. The X1 is around 36 cms I think, and almost 12 FPE. Almost rifle energy level.
In any case, it looks like a superb product, both versions. A few years I would never have thought an Indian make 12 FPE pistol would be available in our market. Precihole is awesome in two ways - they are top notch themselves AND they bring out the best in SDB ROTFL

Regards,
Rajorshi

For Advertising mail webmaster
hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole PP100 series

Post by hornet22 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:32 am

The power of this pistol to is 16 joules and for long distance shots the extra length and weight would be advantageous as it would provide good stability.

Rajorshi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajorshi » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 am

Yes, I understand why it is the way it is. What I'm saying is really nit-picking; it is absolutely fantastic as it is. It's just that given a choice, I would prefer a pistol that is smaller, even at the expense of a bit of power.

That is because pistols can rarely be shot accurately beyond 25 meters. Since we do not hunt, around 8 FPE is good enough for this distance. Heck, that is 3 FPE more than a HW45! Not that it matters here in India, but 8 FPE is in fact enough hunting power within that range; have read many such hunting reports on the former "Yellow forum" a long time ago, where HW30 was used very effectively.

And the second reason is just that pistols should be small because that's what defines them. I mean, come on ... isn't it a pistol?! 😄😄😄

In all fairness though, like I said, I'm splitting hairs. It may not be 100% to my liking but it's definitely 95% at least. In any case I do not know if my preferred 8 FPE can be realized within the dimensions I mentioned.

Kudos to Precihole once again for launching this product. Is anyone reviewing it yet? I'm curious to see how it compares to rifles on the accuracy front.

Regards,
Rajorshi

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:16 pm

My only problem with Precihole is the leaks have to be fixed by sending the pistol to the factory. We should be able to replace the seals at home or by the local gunsmith if need be. This would be an ideal silhouette shooting pistol or a field target one.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:26 am

Rajorshi wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 am
Yes, I understand why it is the way it is. What I'm saying is really nit-picking; it is absolutely fantastic as it is. It's just that given a choice, I would prefer a pistol that is smaller, even at the expense of a bit of power.

That is because pistols can rarely be shot accurately beyond 25 meters. Since we do not hunt, around 8 FPE is good enough for this distance. Heck, that is 3 FPE more than a HW45! Not that it matters here in India, but 8 FPE is in fact enough hunting power within that range; have read many such hunting reports on the former "Yellow forum" a long time ago, where HW30 was used very effectively.

And the second reason is just that pistols should be small because that's what defines them. I mean, come on ... isn't it a pistol?! 😄😄😄

In all fairness though, like I said, I'm splitting hairs. It may not be 100% to my liking but it's definitely 95% at least. In any case I do not know if my preferred 8 FPE can be realized within the dimensions I mentioned.

Kudos to Precihole once again for launching this product. Is anyone reviewing it yet? I'm curious to see how it compares to rifles on the accuracy front.

Regards,
Rajorshi
You are right but I think one good reason for making pp100 longer is to fit the mechanism if it were compact then the gas cylinder would have to be very small and it would not serve the purpose and also it has the option of bipod so longer gun makers sense.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:15 pm

dev wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:16 pm
My only problem with Precihole is the leaks have to be fixed by sending the pistol to the factory. We should be able to replace the seals at home or by the local gunsmith if need be. This would be an ideal silhouette shooting pistol or a field target one.
If one could fix leaks and other problems in Achilles doing so should not be a problem with this pistol also. But mind that I have not tried this pistol yet .GNV

Rajorshi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajorshi » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:49 am

You are right but I think one good reason for making pp100 longer is to fit the mechanism if it were compact then the gas cylinder would have to be very small and it would not serve the purpose and also it has the option of bipod so longer gun makers sense.
Yes, your point about the cylinder size is true; a smaller gun would have lesser shot count. There will be a point where cylinder refill will feel like a pain in the wrong place - too much effort for just a handful of shots. Maybe that can be addressed at least somewhat, by increasing cylinder thickness in the vertical place - make it look more like a HW45. Thick. Just maybe ... no idea what engineering challenges that may entail.

About the bipod, yes, true again. Just that it's not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of mounting stuff on a pistol, be it pods or scopes or anything else that detracts from its compact sleek form factor. It's like buying a pocket camera and then mounting a flash and an external mic and putting the whole setup atop a tripod. At this point I have to ask - what advantage does this setup have over a normal dSLR / mirrorless camera?! End of the day, it's just that people like these setups & so manufacturers make them. And that's okay. There should be something for everyone.

I feel like a jerk now; Precihole have put in a lot of effort and released a new pistol and I'm just talking about what could have been better in my opinion. I hope it's not construed as criticism coz it's not. If anything, consider it as potential input for future models 😉 I'm sure we will see glowing reviews about this model shortly!

Regards,
Rajorshi