Serviceability of imported Air Rifles in India?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
jatinsai71
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Serviceability of imported Air Rifles in India?

Post by jatinsai71 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:50 pm

Hey everyone. Hope you're all doing well

I've been on the edge of pulling the trigger on an Air Rifle purchase. But considering how expensive imported Air Rifles are, I just wanted to check how my experience would be after buying it. What sort of maintanence I'm looking at and how easy / hard it is to get them serviced / fixed if something goes south.

Im thinking of buying a Hatsan Galatian. So I just wanted to ask how your experience has been with Hatsan Guns and if you've encountered any issues with them / how easy is it to keep them going. Any information would be great!

Thank you and have a nice day!

For Advertising mail webmaster
4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Serviceability of imported Air Rifles in India?

Post by 4X4 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:20 pm

If you are a DIY guy , then most maintenance you can do yourself learning from YouTube videos. You will need some basic tools for these.

For procuring parts , you can buy if you travel abroad. For PCP anyways you require O rings which you can buy online in India easily now.

If there is a good Gun Smith in your town , he too can perform most of repair works and will have tools for the same.

My personal advice though is to go for Indian Manufactured PCP guns , Precihole or Gare, these are pretty accurate and spares easily available.

Hatsan is a good company, you can buy if most of above points are agreeable to you.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:49 pm

4X4 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:20 pm
If you are a DIY guy , then most maintenance you can do yourself learning from YouTube videos. You will need some basic tools for these.

For procuring parts , you can buy if you travel abroad. For PCP anyways you require O rings which you can buy online in India easily now.

If there is a good Gun Smith in your town , he too can perform most of repair works and will have tools for the same.

My personal advice though is to go for Indian Manufactured PCP guns , Precihole or Gare, these are pretty accurate and spares easily available.

Hatsan is a good company, you can buy if most of above points are agreeable to you.
Totally agree with you. Might make more sense to stick with an Indian PCP. They are pretty accurate (based on my Precihole experience) and can be sent to the factory for repair if need be. I had a multi-pump and a CO2 air rifle for a while. You will end up becoming the gunsmith on it. And sourcing the exact o-ring is still not that easy. Plus the overheads charged for a foreign one just don't make sense.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

jatinsai71
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jatinsai71 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:46 am

Thank you very much for your advice, guys. I sat and thought about the past couple days and came to the conclusion that instead of spending around 1 lakh on the Hatsan Vectis or 1.5 lakh on the Galatian Tact auto, I'd go with the GARE BHIM PCP Rifle.

I've looked around for info on it and it seems people who have it like it very much, and GARE as a company also seems to have a good reputation. And the Rifle looks aesthetically amazing!

So that's where I ended up after my weeks of indecisiveness. Hopefully it'll be a worthwhile purchase as it's my first PCP. If you have any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them!

Cheers.

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:28 pm

I am curious to know if this is your first airgun…

jatinsai71
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jatinsai71 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 pm

Shivakr.

This would be my first PCP Rifle. I have a Precihole VX100 I've had for about a year now.

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:31 pm

PCPs are far better and convenient than break barrel air guns. i have gamo break barrel .22 and few other Indian break barrels but PCP from precihole is what i would recommend you to buy. and you will have o buy a air tank along with any PCP you buy, add another 10k for it. but buy Indian PCP they are sufficient.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:59 pm

jatinsai71 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:50 pm
Hey everyone. Hope you're all doing well

I've been on the edge of pulling the trigger on an Air Rifle purchase. But considering how expensive imported Air Rifles are, I just wanted to check how my experience would be after buying it. What sort of maintanence I'm looking at and how easy / hard it is to get them serviced / fixed if something goes south.

Im thinking of buying a Hatsan Galatian. So I just wanted to ask how your experience has been with Hatsan Guns and if you've encountered any issues with them / how easy is it to keep them going. Any information would be great!

Thank you and have a nice day!
If you can DIY..one can service a imported pcp also.you will of course have to find correct O rings but do check up disassembly videos if a spl tool is required..that can be a pain.i did the same with my daystate huntsman after lot of help from airgun enthusisasts including making a spl tool which i did locally.i can now service that pcp without any hassle.

manindersinghajimal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manindersinghajimal » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:56 am

I own several pcps and break barrels(indian and imported), I do all the servicing and maintenance myself. It’s quite easy and fun. The most fun is to work on my diana 460.