Whiscombe Air Rifles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Whiscombe Air Rifles

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Guys,

Anyone out here got any experience with Whiscombe Air Rifles. Asking out of curiosity. The air rifles look damn well made. Here's the link if anyone is interested to look them up:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sgoodwin/JW/index.html

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Whiscombe Air Rifles

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:20 am

Aah so thats what I was looking for till now... A 31ft/lber .25 with interchangeable barrels...

Thanks for giving me one more dream, One which I don't think going to materialize in near future ........... :evil:

Nice..hmmmmmm..very nice…….. :roll: :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am

By all accounts they are the dogs dangly bits but cost a bomb. John Whiscombe is a real gent and you wont be sorry dealing with him.

Unlike most recoilless spring piston rifles which use the Giss or sledge system, the Whiscombe's work on the opposing pistons theory - hence, the double cocking procedure.

Search through www.airgunbbs.com for a lot more information from various owners.

IFG member, Krish, owned one but he's not too regular otherwise he could have answered your questions.