Something ought to go wrong

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Something ought to go wrong

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Finally got a scope and a scolding (they just wont try to understand). Thanks a lot Nagarifle for a sweet looking scope that is just what i was looking for and reducing the price to 3k :P.
Though the scope rail is a little off so i had to the turn windage to max. to make it shoot some what straight but in vain. So if you all look closely there are some folded up pieces of targets between the mounts and the scope. Could zero it after 2 hrs. of hard work and right when i got the perfect shot the scope came of, my mistake as i left the screws a little loose so (trying to avoid the opening it again). Will work on the rail to see if it can be corrected or will head back to Garg amoury and request him to change the peice. have a look and yes i know it looks beautiful, now the only thing left is to make it shoot like one :)

Here are a few pics

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii26 ... C00126.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii26 ... C00125.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii26 ... C00123.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii26 ... C00120.jpg

Cheers
Sid
Last edited by Sid_kapur30 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:15 pm

The sirifort meet writeup shall follow soon :)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Congrats Sid on taking the first step.
before you head to the dealer, why dont you ask Dev for some advice? he has fitted scopes on air rifles and may know a couple of hints and kinks.
As for the slots not being machined true, good chance too.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Sid, sorry for not being able to make it yesterday buddy - but was in a bit of a family tangle and couldn't even make/ receive calls till very late in the evening... Hope you guys had a blast! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Axx the rail is mounted a little off the center. The holes have been drilled wrong so i wonder if something could be done to rectify it. Plus if i open it and punch few more holes i'll probably have something similar to delhi roads on my Airrifle; doesn't sound to good does it

And no sweat b'day boy (uncle sounds better but let's leave that one out for now) there are many more weekend s to follow :D hope to see you on this sunday :P

Cheers
Sid
Last edited by Sid_kapur30 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey Sid,

Sorry about so many issues with your rifle, as Olly said check if Garg can take it back...well the scope was good.

Here are some pics of us at Sri fort 13/01/2008 and my results of the day.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/kanwa ... ockxd0.jpg

Olly was great, helped me with vital tips.....thanks boss !!!

-Kanwal

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:08 pm

it was a pleasure to meet more 'Darlings of Delhi'... such an enthusiastic bunch with a good hand for shooting..... i admit...

Guys, do buy your guns quickly and lets freak out...

Sid,
Yes, if you can get a swap to IHP .22, it'll be very ideal... do try speaking to our friend at Garg... With the pains you are taking to zero in the gun, your determination needs no speculation...

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Well it hurts when some one calls your baby ugly and so doest it hurt when every one says your rifle aint good. Did every thing to get this thing working, spent an hour in office also but this bug*3r just wont shoot straight :(, conclusion: this baby is ugly. will probably show it to the Pro's at IFG and then will speak to our dear at Garg armoury. Wish me luck

Cheers
Sid

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Best of Luck Sid
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Sid_kapur30";p="35314 wrote:Axx the rail is mounted a little off the centre. The holes have been drilled wrong so i wonder if something could be done to rectify it. Plus if i open it and punch few more holes I'll probably have something similar to Delhi roads on my Airrifle; doesn't sound to good does it
It's a manufacturing defect, and you'd be well within your rights to have it replaced with a piece that does not have this problem OR have it rectified at the sellers expense. I would suggest YOU not mess with it till you have taken it back to the seller, you may needlessly void your warranty! Besides this is not something that you can rectify on your own OR should have to rectify on your own...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 am

By opening and punching holes i meant at a smiths place, i don't even have the tools nor the experience sire, wont ever do that till i learn how to do it :). will try and speak with the concerned person today, lets see how it goes.

Cheers
Sid

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:42 am

Good luck dude -- catch u next week at same place @@

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:22 pm

kanwal";p="35317 wrote:Here are some pics of us at Sri fort 13/01/2008 and my results of the day.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/kanwa ... ockxd0.jpg
Good shooting Kanwal! :)
Sid_kapur30";p="35314 wrote:And no sweat b'day boy (uncle sounds better but let's leave that one out for now) there are many more weekend s to follow :D hope to see you on this sunday :P
Sure thing babalog ;) Will look forward to it...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Guys, don't forget to request the BIG GUN to bring the TX200 !!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Something ought to go wrong

Post by Vikram » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Congrats,Sid.Here to good shooting.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."