Availability of National Air Rifles(IHP) in Bangalore

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Availability of National Air Rifles(IHP) in Bangalore

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Members,

FYI: National Air Rifles in .177 and .22 will be available at Asian Armoury, Bangalore starting 31/1/08. The contact person is Mr. Ayaz. Posting this message since I had noticed that a few members were looking to pick up Natonal air rifles.

For Advertising mail webmaster
arbab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

.177 IHP 35 mod

Post by arbab » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Is .177 IHP 35 better than .22 IHP 35 in acuracy ?

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Availability of National Air Rifles(IHP) in Bangalore

Post by Prabhath » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:47 am

Accuracy does not depend on the caliber Arbab. According to ISSF rules .177 is the only caliber allowed for target shooting with airguns. Also, .177 airguns are the only ones allowed for competitions.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:19 am

Is .177 IHP 35 better than .22 IHP 35 in acuracy ?
If everything remains the same with these two guns, except the barrel, the .177 would have a flatter trajectory (path of travel) than the .22, which may be translated into better accuracy, depending on how you look at it.

But, since the .22 pellets are heavier than .177 they will have less chance of being deflected at greater distances by wind. Now deflection can occur from several factors. Gravity is one of them. Velocity above the speed of sound is not an issue since these guns dont make that sort of power. But wind does make a difference. .177 pellets being lighter have a higher probablity of being affected by wind.

I'm sure the question would still remain unanswered. But on a very loose scale, for target practice, stick to .177. They travel straight! :wink:

A better way to put the question would be "Is the .177 more accurate than .22 at --- distance for --- purpose.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:24 pm

National Mod 35B (.22 and .177) and Mod 25 (.22 and .177) available at Bangalore Armoury.

He has around 4 of each in either cal.

The price for the 35 is 4600 (tax incl) and 25 is 3200 (tax incl)

Please dont comment on the prices. I know they're high. But hey, he's the only one with the goods. Plus there's no wait time, transit damage or mental agony, usually associated with getting one directly.

Plus you can have a look at the different rifles, and then choose the best one for you.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm

Mo";p="38010 wrote: The price for the 35 is 4600 (tax incl)
Is it the same price for both .177 and .22 calibers? The price seems to have gone up by 1300 or so since i last enquired a year and a half ago.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:27 am

Is it the same price for both .177 and .22 calibers?
Yup, its the same for both..
The price seems to have gone up by 1300 or so since i last enquired a year and a half ago.
Its still the same. The price is about 1k higher than the actual cost.

LeoDude
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by LeoDude » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:37 am

Mo";p="38025 wrote:
Is it the same price for both .177 and .22 calibers?
Yup, its the same for both..
The price seems to have gone up by 1300 or so since i last enquired a year and a half ago.
Its still the same. The price is about 1k higher than the actual cost.
I bought the 35 .22 at T. Jacob & Co in Cochin for the very same reason. I got the .22 for Rs. 3300.00.
So, the prices have not gone up, they are just being charged much more in Bangalore.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:39 am

Thanks Mo.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:24 pm

Your Welcome Pran.

Thats a very good deal LeoDude. Enjoy the gun. The difference in quality is quite obvious with the National up against the locals. I remember seeing a gun called Appu with my uncle in kerala. You can't even hit a bull with it, let alone a bullseye! :lol:

LeoDude
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by LeoDude » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Mo";p="38091 wrote:Thats a very good deal LeoDude. Enjoy the gun. The difference in quality is quite obvious with the National up against the locals. I remember seeing a gun called Appu with my uncle in kerala. You can't even hit a bull with it, let alone a bullseye! :lol:
Hey Mo,
Yeah, I had checked out in Coimbatore also when I visited there. I forget the name of the shop there but it was around Rs. 3700.00 if I remember right. Then someone known to me in CBE asked me to check it out in Cochin since they have good prices and thats how I ended up picking it up.
The shop in Cochin also had another make called ESA or something like that from a company in Calcutta. They advised me to go with the IHP guns, not that I had considered the other guns either. They looked good though !!! :)
Gopi

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Thats true Gopi, some of the local guns do look good. But upon closer inspection, the National does come out with better finish and attention to detail. (Better being a relative term here)

Its like being handsome in a world of monsters while in reality you're a monster when among handsome men.. (I dont remember where I read it)..

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 am

Hi,

There is bound to be a price difference between the authorised dealers and other dealers of IHP Products.

Best would be to write to IHP and ask for a list of their monopolised dealers and then buy from there...u can't get a better price than that.

AC

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 am

art_collector";p="38139 wrote:Hi,

There is bound to be a price difference between the authorised dealers and other dealers of IHP Products.

Best would be to write to IHP and ask for a list of their monopolised dealers and then buy from there...u can't get a better price than that.

AC
There is a list of their authorised distributors at - http://www.indianhumepipe.com/rifleadd.html

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein