Kid injuring his classmates with an airgun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Kid injuring his classmates with an airgun

Post by Prabhath » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:01 am

Members,

This was published in The Times of India today:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Citi ... 751936.cms

For Advertising mail webmaster
indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Kid injuring his classmates with an airgun

Post by indian » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 am

now,the babus will think of making a license neccessary for an airgun :roll:

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:55 am

Just what we all dont need now! :( ..

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 pm

A case like this should not attract a licensing frenzy. Instead, responsible shooters should learn to lock away the equipment safely and away from children.

The kid found an airgun and hence shot. What if he had found a knife instead? Will they preach licensing for kitchen knives too?

But I know how it is. When it comes to it, nobody looks for logic.. Just somebody to blame!!

I hope it does not affect us adversely!

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm

i stick to your opinion mo :D

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:31 am

I secretely wish this wont attract undue attention. We cant have things any worse than it already is!

I'm moving to catapults if they come up with a license for airguns! lol!

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 am

I dont think it will attract too much attention, it should die down (What with the Kidney Kaand :evil: hogging the limelight). This brings to my mind the Shaktiman Imbroglio when a kid jumped off a building in an effort to emulate his hero. You can draw a parallel with the way in which people started blaming Mukesh Khanna, instead of analyzing the situation objectively. The same happens with guns, for one I was taught to look at a gun as any other tool. Any tool if used in the right way helps you achieve the desired result, the wrong way and you'll end up hurt or will hurt someone with it. I havent changed that outlook, a gun to me is a tool and one which has a great degree of responsibility attached to it. After Shaktiman, let me quote spiderman :lol: "With great power comes great responsibility".

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:31 am

I'll add to Mo's argument. Raise your hands if you've got hurt while playing Gilli-Danda, Kabaddi, Cirkit, Patang-Baazi, lattu, yada yada yada. I hope they stress education more than regulation.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:07 pm

"With great power comes great responsibility".
LMAO!

@Sharief: Bang on target bro! (Pun Intended) lol!

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:09 pm

The beauty of the indian police is that in such cases they used their Sou Moto powers and carry on investigations without any complaint from anyone... the poor kid has been charged under the juvenile act now...

while in mumbai two girls get molested by a bunch of guys and the cops say they cant do anything because no one registered a complaint.

there are worse things for them to use their knowledge of law...
klick klack..... diskaon

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:24 pm

diskaon";p="37450 wrote:the poor kid has been charged under the juvenile act now...
I don't think you can slam the police for this one. This boy may well have used a firearm had his father left one lying around.

Fortunately, he seems to be a smart boy and will realise his mistake and the police and/or court will let the matter lie after fining and putting the frighteners on him.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Mack The Knife,

I stay in the same area as the kid does. You were correct when you said that the kid seemed to be a smart one, only academically though. He is more of a smart ass. Would always disturb my dogs on his way back from school. I had made up my mind to whack his sorry ***. My only worry was that if my dobermanns or my gsd had got to him when he heckled them, it would have been a huge problem for him.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:40 am

Prabhath";p="37472 wrote:Would always disturb my dogs on his way back from school. I had made up my mind to whack his sorry ***. My only worry was that if my dobermanns or my gsd had got to him when he heckled them, it would have been a huge problem for him.
Good he didn't try to shoot your dogs with his toy.

Personally, I'd give his dad a piece of my mind for not having taught him anything about gun safety and leaving his airgun accessible to the kid.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 am

i think his dad may have thought that an airgun is purely a toy.....i have seen some people like that.they think that airguns cant kill people but what they dont know is that they have potential to cause serious injury and even death in some cases.....