Well done Weihrauch!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Well done Weihrauch!

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

A little over a month back the circlip holding the underlever catch assembly broke and as a result the underlever could not be locked shut though you could still shoot the rifle (not recommended).

I shot off an e-mail to Weihrauch, requesting them if they could send me the necessary parts - washer, o-ring and circlip.

Since I did not hear from them, I ordered the necessary parts from Chambers in Scotland. These arrived within a week. Anupam, please take note.

A short while back I looked into the post box and was shocked to see that Weihrauch had sent the complete underlever rather than just the few parts that were required.

I have always found their products and after sales service to be good but this goes beyond anything I had expected.

A big thankyou to Hans and Stefan Weihrauch.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
karandheer78
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Well done Weihrauch!

Post by karandheer78 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:39 pm

In one word: Impressive.
In 3 words: heart warmingly impressive

I think this holds true for many of the well known international names like Crosman etc. In fact I do recollect reading a post where Crosman sent across some parts, free i suppose, for an air pistol which was 8 yrs+ old!
Commendable after sales service these!!

Recently I had some interaction with Lloyd at B.A.R & once again the responses were crisp, professional & courteous. It's incidents like these which make us WANT to do business with them.

In your case Weihrauch sending across an ENTIRE piece is brilliant. Just goes on to show they are not only manufacturers of good repute but are passionate about their work. Hope this continues till import restrictions are lifted on international brands of air guns in India & long thereafter!

Cheers!

ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ajikappil » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Germans will be Germans....[:)]..Always the Best....
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Quite simply - wow! Wish Indian manufacturers (across the spectrum of products) would take note and learn something from this about how to achieve "customer delight" (to quote a marketing cliché)!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Nice to know that some companies still value their customers.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="39317 wrote: A little over a month back the circlip holding the underlever assembly broke and and as a result the underlever could not be locked shut though you could still shoot the rifle (not recommended).

I shot off an e-mail to Weihrauch, requesting them if they could send me the necessary parts - washer, o-ring and circlip.

Since I did not hear from them, I ordered the necessary parts from Chambers in Scotland. These arrived within a week. Anupam, please take note.

A short while back I looked into the post box and was shocked to see that Weihrauch had sent the complete underlever rather than just the few parts that were required.

I have always found their products and after sales service to be good but this goes beyond anything I had expected.

A big thankyou to Hans and Stefan Weihrauch.

Mack The Knife
Waah waah just can't say enough for them. First they make fabulous rifles and then they make sure that they last forever. Fabulous people.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:39 pm

mundaire";p="39328 wrote:Quite simply - wow! Wish Indian manufacturers (across the spectrum of products) would take note and learn something from this about how to achieve "customer delight" (to quote a marketing cliché)!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
...Oh Abhijeet... I thought you'd learnt by now not to be so naive.... :)

Speaking of Weihrauch, I wonder if they'd be willing to surprise me with a new receiver/spring housing for my old HW35....

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:11 pm

nice one that, thats how to get good biz, ah wish we had the same level of after sale service.

cc give it a go, only got to loose an email
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Amazing, got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw this. This is how goodwill and a loyal customer base is built.
Indian manufacturers have a long way to go.

Soon there will be a day when we have the same level of service in India... NOT :lol:

Danke' Weihrauch.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 am

Weirauch is a very professional firm. Just wait till the new line of HW .22 LR Rimfire rifles start making the waves. A lot of work is going on in this area.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 am

i did had same experience (twice for spars regarding Diana Mod- 48 ), from germans.

when will Indian firms learn that courtasy to existing customer,

I lives in ahemedabad, and lost hope for rear site for national mod-35.......since last 7 years... :(

regards

pritam
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 am

Nice Mack The Knife

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:03 am

Have taken note, Mack The Knife. How much did Chambers charge for the parts ? AND did you pay by Credit Card ? I believe I need the same parts for the HW-77K...

By the way, if Weihrauch guys are reading this, hat's off to you for your care and consideration !
{I wouldn't mind mailing them a link of this thread}

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:40 am

Beside being an example of professional practice and German thoroughness , this also confirms Mack The Knife's ability to emerge as the eternal "Jammy Git" :wink:
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

rk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rk » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:43 am

Hi,
I too had similar experience with IHP on two occassions. First I bought a .177 IHP air pistol, and while shooting the same, the long screw holding the butt came off, and on inspection I found that the thread had been worn off.
The second instance was the rear sight of my IHP 0.177 AR getting damaged.
In both the cases, I took the photograph of the damaged part and emailed the same to Mr. Makhija of IHP. There was no response, not even an acknowledgement of my email.
Surprisingly, in less than a week's time, Mr. Makhija had mailed me the required parts by registered post :))
So far, I have had good experience with IHP as far as after sales service is concerned.
regards,
rk