Which is the most accurate break barrel in 10M category

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Which is the most accurate break barrel in 10M category

Post by to_saptarshi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Friends,

I am planning to participate in a 10M corporate match and I need your expert advise on deciding a Match Grade Accurate air rifle for it, the problem is I cannot go for PCP, CO2 or any other version other than break barrel/underlever model as this is one of the criteria of the match, It has to be a open sight one too :(
Velocity is not that important to me as it has nothing to do with accuracy. Please share you experience and expert advise based on the below criteria

1. Caliber .177 for 10M range
2. Preferably break barrel Springer other wise underlever Springer
3. Extremely Accurate in this category
4. Comes with fixed front sight
5. And last and most important comes within my budget within 500$ to 600$

Sincerely requesting Mack The Knife, Abhijeet, Dev, Inder , Badsah, Overunder and all other experienced members to throw some lights on it and share their valuable feedback on the above

Regards
Saptarshi

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:04 am

HW77K

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks a lot Mack The Knife, that is what I have in my mind :) , One quick question does it comes with micrometer rear sights too ? as I have seen most of models are scoped version and there is no rear sights.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Which is the most accurate break barrel in 10M category

Post by Prabhath » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:18 am

Saptarshi,

Is your choice limited to break barrel and underlever only? If sidelevers are an option, you might give a thought for the Diana 54. It is totally recoilless. The major disadvantage with the 54 though is it's weight. The accuracy is pretty good with the right pellets.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:50 pm

If you are willing to buy second hand from overseas - then you might want to check out some of the older model spring piston (recoilless) air-rifles made by Diana/ Original, Anschutz etc. Since they were built as real "contenders" in those days, they should be more accurate at 10m than pretty much any of the spring piston guns on the market today, which are mostly designed for longer range shooting activities...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Sapta,

I think the guys got you covered. But I think the Beeman R7 is a mild springer that would do well for your match. But i normally shoot Co2 so I've lost touch with springers.

Lots of luck and I hope that you win.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:17 am

Hi Saptarshi,

Since you are in the US, you have a wide range of options to choose from. The ones I have tried and found to be great shooters are, Ollys HW77, Mundaires TX200 and a friend's Theoben SLR 98(felt a tad lighter than the other two).

I am just a lil' bit partial to the TX200 :D, thats why Mundaire keeps it in a safe protected by lasers, cuz there's another nut like me who is also in love with that baby.

Whatever you choose, practice as much as you can with it, wish you all the best.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:30 am

OverUnderPump";p="40095 wrote: I am just a lil' bit partial to the TX200 :D, thats why Mundaire keeps it in a safe protected by lasers, cuz there's another nut like me who is also in love with that baby.
OUP, note the bit about the fixed front sight that saptarishi mentions. don't think the TX has open sights. neither in my opinion does the SLR 98,which is the reason for Mack The Knife recommending the 77k.

saptrishi, the 77k does have rear sights, though not micrometer sights. you can buy the latter seperately, like beeman's. however, the front sight is a post, so not exactly recommended for comps, though you can get plinking joy.

if you really want comp level sights on a 77k then a globe front jugaadoed from an hw80 with a diopter rear......note the stress on "if"
Last edited by hamiclar01 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 am

Thanks to all of you guys for your valuable feedback and comments :) yes TX200 and SLR98 does not comes with fixed front sights thats why I can't consider them as of now. though both of them are very good rifle and TX200 is one of my favourite. Infact I am still in process of finding out the exact rules and regulation that will be followed in that match. So far I came to know that they will allow only breakbarrel not even fixed barrel underlever :( but if there is any change in the rule like if they can consider underlever or sidelever fixed barrel then my choices so far as follow

Break Barrel
Beeman R7, R9 or HW95

Underlever
HW 77K

Sidelever
Walther LGR

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:28 am

hamiclar01";p="40097 wrote:
OverUnderPump";p="40095 wrote: I am just a lil' bit partial to the TX200 :D, thats why Mundaire keeps it in a safe protected by lasers, cuz there's another nut like me who is also in love with that baby.
OUP, note the bit about the fixed front sight that saptarishi mentions. don't think the TX has open sights. neither in my opinion does the SLR 98,which is the reason for Mack The Knife recommending the 77k.

saptrishi, the 77k does have rear sights, though not micrometer sights. you can buy the latter seperately, like beeman's. however, the front sight is a post, so not exactly recommended for comps, though you can get plinking joy.

if you really want comp level sights on a 77k then a globe front jugaadoed from an hw80 with a diopter rear......note the stress on "if"
Speed read :oops: my bad. Can any dovetailing be done to accommodate detachable sights, fibre optic ones or otherwise ?

regards
8)
OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am

Are you also considering single stroke pneumatics ? if yes then you should take a look at Avanti 753. I have read the reviews and its not a bad choice, infact its a starter Rifle for cadets, here in the US.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:10 am

OverUnderPump";p="40095 wrote:Hi Saptarshi,
I am just a lil' bit partial to the TX200 :D, thats why Mundaire keeps it in a safe protected by lasers, cuz there's another nut like me who is also in love with that baby.
8)
OUP
The Top Gun's gonna be away for a while... and I don't mind teaming up with you to grab that TX200... we can take our chances with the lasers, can't we ? :mrgreen:
But the latest is that he's got a dog too !! :P

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 am

Olly";p="40121 wrote:
OverUnderPump";p="40095 wrote:Hi Saptarshi,
8)
OUP
The Top Gun's gonna be away for a while... and I don't mind teaming up with you to grab that TX200... we can take our chances with the lasers, can't we ? :mrgreen:
But the latest is that he's got a dog too !! :P
Hah, I love dogs who love a juicy steak, :lol: . I'll take one along.
Lets initiate a DEFCON 3 and get started.

regards
:twisted:
OUP

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 am

ya.. but what about the splits... u interested in the stock ? :lol:
Last edited by Olly on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:16 pm

OverUnderPump";p="40116 wrote: Can any dovetailing be done to accommodate detachable sights, fibre optic ones or otherwise ?
standard rear sights will fit in the scope grooves. so will most peep/micrometer sights. as for the front sights, i'm not recommending grooving the barrel. but there are other less invasive ways of attaching them
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."