Opinions on the IHP Pneumatic .177

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Opinions on the IHP Pneumatic .177

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Friends

Any reviews or user opnions on the IHP Pneumatic .177 ?

At 7000/- plus S &H it looks like a reasonable deal

The IHP website says 10mtr max range. Does it mean it wont shoot accurately beyond that ? Would it be as accurate or better than the Model 25 or 35 ?

What are the various competition ranges we have for air rifles ...I know of 10mtrs. Any other categories ?

Rgds

fantumfan

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Opinions on the IHP Pneumatic .177

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 am

48 reads and no opinions ? strange....So it must be something untouchable or unknown.

I OWE YOU GUYS A BIG THANK YOU.

I found two friends here from college whom I lost contact with. Thats after TWENTY years.

THANKS YOU.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:39 am

There is already a thread on IHP air-rifles and air-pistols, and AFAIK opinions on this air-rifle have already been expressed by a few people on that thread - check it out @ http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=531

Also, isn't it priced at about INR 10-12,000/- or has the price been dropped?

It's a 10m gun, i.e. it's meant for shooting paper targets at 10m. Therefore the stress is on producing consistent velocities (and by extension accuracy) @ 10m. Whether or not it succeeds in doing this is something that is somewhat in dispute. On the other hand the IHP 35 is a spring piston gun meant for general plinking/ pest control, therefore it produces higher velocities and power than the IHP/ National Pneumatic BUT being a spring piston air-rifle it has the typical recoil associated with that power plant and combined with a horrendous trigger it is not very easy to shoot accurately - not any sort of choice for even entry level competitions, but decent at it's own intended role. As you might surmise, the choice depends on intended use. Check out the knowledge base article "Which airgun should I buy?" for more on the subject.

May I also point out that your self entitled sarcasm sounds silly (at best) - NO ONE here is OBLIGED to help you out or didn't you know that? is this the first time you've been on an Internet forum? This is an online forum so you just post your queries and hope that someone will take the time to answer them. Also, by not taking the time & trouble to search through previous posts on the subject (IHP airguns) you reduce your chances of getting any response at all... no one likes to keep answering the same questions repeatedly - it's boring and tiresome, especially when it is obvious that the person posing the question has not bothered to even search the goldmine of existing information on the forum!

I'll be soon merging this thread with the original one discussing IHP air-rifles/ air-pistols to keep all IHP related info in one place - making it easier to search for newcomers.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Abhijeet thanks for your reply and the knowledgebase article link..

I need a .177 air rifle for target shooting, I thought the IHP Pneumatic was the answer. Have you personally used it ?

I thought this IS the right place for putting a question, for the current owners of this gun to praise it or criticize it. Any comment would help me in making an informed decision before I put my money on it.

My experience with Internet forum shows the other forums are more tolerant of novices. I did'nt get labelled as sarcastic or something else when I asked for an opinion on a product before I bought it.

Cheers

M

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm

FF, i'm sure you mean well, but
fantumfan2003";p="40626 wrote: I did'nt get labelled as sarcastic or something else when I asked for an opinion on a product before I bought it.
but then you yourself have written ......
fantumfan2003";p="40582 wrote: 48 reads and no opinions ? strange....So it must be something untouchable or unknown.
which, does give a hint of sarcasm that abhijeet was probably referring to
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 pm

I was'nt being sarcastic. Appears very likely that nobody here owns it as yet. Though Abhijeet has given some useful info on it.
hamiclar01";p="40627 wrote:FF, i'm sure you mean well, but
fantumfan2003";p="40626 wrote: I did'nt get labelled as sarcastic or something else when I asked for an opinion on a product before I bought it.
but then you yourself have written ......
fantumfan2003";p="40582 wrote: 48 reads and no opinions ? strange....So it must be something untouchable or unknown.
which, does give a hint of sarcasm that abhijeet was probably referring to

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 am

fantumfan2003";p="40631 wrote:I was'nt being sarcastic. Appears very likely that nobody here owns it as yet. Though Abhijeet has given some useful info on it.
We are pretty tolerant of novices, but it seems we have widely differing opinions on what constitutes sarcasm :P Anyhow, I know of at least two or three members here who have owned the IHP Pneumatic at different times and of at least one member who has actually attempted to try and get it to perform better than it does in stock form...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Now what....

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:08 am

So that means the Pneumatic is a no no...

Apart from the IHP Mod 35 and 25 what are my options ? My budget is 10000/-

Thanks for all the info

mundaire";p="40650 wrote:
fantumfan2003";p="40631 wrote:I was'nt being sarcastic. Appears very likely that nobody here owns it as yet. Though Abhijeet has given some useful info on it.
We are pretty tolerant of novices, but it seems we have widely differing opinions on what constitutes sarcasm :P Anyhow, I know of at least two or three members here who have owned the IHP Pneumatic at different times and of at least one member who has actually attempted to try and get it to perform better than it does in stock form...

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:19 pm

HI FF,
Firstly gr8 to meet u after all these years.! :)
With the budget u have projected,may I suggest that u purchase an IHP model 35 in the caliber that you need,and then fit a diana 35 mainspring along with a pfte piston washer(these should be available with magnum arms at grant road)
Please do the fitting only with the gunsmith(name Guddu) at Bombay Gun house opp. the PC office at Crawford market,IMO he is the best with the National 35/25 series.I have seen two of these converts,and they are very smooth to operate.Mind u I dont know if there is any increase in power, as they seemed more sedate to shoot after the internal changes,but remember power without accuracy is a Ferrari without a steering wheel! This project should cost u no more than INR 5000/-or 6000/-thereoff.
Take care and happy shooting! :wink:

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks to Vishwajit Shinde, I got to try out the National 25 and the IHP Pneumatic at the range in Shivaji Park.

I thought 10mtrs would be cakewalk, it ain't, not with the size of the target used.

Honestly the National 25 trigger is VERY hard. The Pneumatic has a much, much better trigger. I managed a bullseye with with it at 10mtrs.

I am realy put off by the Mod 25, I'd think the 35 would be no better.

I have also touched base with the Pneumatic's designer. A very helpful gentleman he is. He has some fine private examples of compressed air guns he has built. He tells me the Pneu is sold directly to shooters.

I may put my buy on hold for a while. The pneu is back on my horizon.

M

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:02 am

fantumfan2003";p="40769 wrote:I have also touched base with the Pneumatic's designer. A very helpful gentleman he is. He has some fine private examples of compressed air guns he has built. He tells me the Pneu is sold directly to shooters.
M
Well like they say to the USMC rookies "You'll be SOREeeee......"
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:17 am

Sorry, did'nt follow what you wrote....
shutzen";p="40771 wrote:
fantumfan2003";p="40769 wrote:I have also touched base with the Pneumatic's designer. A very helpful gentleman he is. He has some fine private examples of compressed air guns he has built. He tells me the Pneu is sold directly to shooters.
M

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 am

fantumfan2003";p="40777 wrote:Sorry, did'nt follow what you wrote....
M
Well like they say to the USMC rookies "You'll be SOREeeee......"[/quote]

Well what I meant was that once you buy the pneumatic - you will rue your decision as it will fail at the most crucial times - dude do a search on it and read the experiences my son had wit it. Since .177 ARs are duty free now why dontcha blow up your money on a import which will give you much better and reliable service ?

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:29 am

Yes I intend doing that as well....

Can you please elaborate on your pneu experience....please.....

Thanks

M

shutzen";p="40782 wrote:
fantumfan2003";p="40777 wrote:Sorry, did'nt follow what you wrote....
M
Well what I meant was that once you buy the pneumatic - you will rue your decision as it will fail at the most crucial times - dude do a search on it and read the experiences my son had wit it. Since .177 ARs are duty free now why dontcha blow up your money on a import which will give you much better and reliable service ?[/quote]

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:22 am

fantumfan2003";p="40787 wrote:Yes I intend doing that as well....

Can you please elaborate on your pneu experience....please.....
All right you are a persistent chap who cant seem to find the search function - chk out this link

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=