Hi People, Just Registerd

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
zaheerdavid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hi People, Just Registerd

Post by zaheerdavid » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Experts/Vetrans/Newbies

I just joined IFG, amazed at how many people there are here who love guns of all types. Welll, i cant exactly say i am new to guns, nor that I am an expert. Sumwer in between i would say. I love guns and the responsibility it teaches you. I had plans of buying a .315” Sporting Rifle but unfortunatley I am currently working in Bangalore and my Permanant address is in Trivandrum, Kerala, so I dont think a licence will be issued even if i had applied with the Sporting and Display clause. So i finally decided to settel down with the good old IHP 35 .22... Was just wondering if there were scope groves on it? coz I dont recall seeing Indian made rifles with scope groves, I have had National and ISW brands but none of them had grooves, I have a scope with a Dovetail hinge system, that can suit most scope grooves, and its preety rugged and resistant to recoils.(i dont think its a gas filled scope) I had been using it on my 36 year old BSA.(Top Fed/Under Barrel Lever) handed down to me by my dad, but sadly its on its last legs and they dont make the washer or spring any more. So guys please help if any one of you know if there are scope groves on any Indian made air rifles.

Thanks a Tonne, Happy Plinking.

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Hi People, Just Registerd

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Welcome to IFG ZaheerDavid, glad to have you with us.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 pm

Welcome aboard David.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:22 am

hi David welcome aboard.
cheers sanjiv

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 am

IHP model 35 can be scoped, I had a thin metal plate affixed by rivets on to it. It works fine.

However even on this medium power Air Rifle the scope must be air rifle rated grade.

zaheerdavid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

WoW

Post by zaheerdavid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 am

Mighty fast reply, Thanks bud, The scope i have is from an ANCIENT .22 BSA Air Rifle. Its definatley more powerful than the IHM 35 .22,(Or atleast used to be). Do you know any shop that services scopes in Bnglore. Its just a simple scope with the + Crosshair. I think it view is 2X But it has 2 knobs 1 for vertical elevation and on for horizontal, and a ring to clear the view. I dont know much abt the optics part. But if you guys do, please help with finding a show that fine tunes and services scopes. The worst part is there is no brand name or any marking on it. Its just black matte finished. HELP

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Do not trust your scope to any of the Bangalore gunshops.

If the lens needs to be cleaned, you can do this yourself by lightly brushing off any dust or lint with a blower brush. Then moisten a clean hanky in drinking water and wipe the lens down with circular motions starting from the centre. Immediately after you have wiped the lens, dry it with a clean lint free cotton cloth using the same circular motion.

Do not use spectacle cleaning solutions as they may remove the lens coating/s.

If fungus is the problem, then you would need to open the scope but you would loose the nitrogen purging. However, dismantling a scope is best left to people who are qualified to do so.

zaheerdavid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by zaheerdavid » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:05 pm

I wish it was that easy buddy, I clean the exterior of the scope almost 2 times a month just the way you said. Sadly its the mildew/fungus or watever the crap it is that i cant get rid of which is on the interior of the lense. And i suspect that the purging is long gone, thats the only way that the fungus can get in, if it still had purging it would be airtight and ther wouldnt be room for fungus to enter. Dont you think so.? But i aint gona dismantle it. DW. Let me see if i can give it to a camera servicing station. Will let ya know if its sucessful. But even if i get it cleand up, do you think it can be zeroed with the gun,as the IHM 35 dsnt have scope grooves and it has to be milled/turned. Wont it stress the chamber? Let me know your views.