Need help in Disassembling a Model Gun ?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ashkalra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need help in Disassembling a Model Gun ?

Post by ashkalra » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 am

Hello,

I recently acquired a PFC Model gun from Japan, it is a MGC manufactured Colt 1911 used Model gun based on
linked short-recoil CP-HW blowback system with the new .45 ACP MGC Blowback catridges and uses 7mm caps.

The gun fires nicely the first time, i.e, after i lubricate the catridge base with some gun-oil, push in the primer
and the cap and then insert the piston which is positioned at the top of the catridge base. The first shot is nice,
with noise and smoke, the spent shell is ejected and the next catridge is loaded into the chamber, but somehow
the hammer is not cocked!, hence i can't fire sub-automatically with this model gun. The hammer does not always
get cocked, when i simply pull back the slide.

Now, i want to disassemble this model gun, to look at the hammer, sear, disconnector assembly and other parts,
and maybe re-assemble them.

I will be grateful if somebody from this forum can guide me to disassemble a 1911 Model gun. I live in New Delhi, so
i will appreciate any help around Delhi.

Thanks in advance,
Ashish

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Need help in Disassembling a Model Gun ?

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Ashish,

Its exactly the same process for disassembling a real Colt 1911, however please find the below link for your particular model. Hope this helps :)

http://www.wwiiguns.com/display_articles.php?id=10

Regards
Saptarshi

ashkalra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashkalra » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:50 am

Hello Saptarshi,

Thanks for the information. Actually, the disassembly shown here is more relevant to cleaning the model gun, but i have managed to find a manual for my model gun at a forum dedicated to model guns : http://www.mp40modelguns.com/forum2/

Also, the Japanese supplier has mailed me the manual for my model gun, which i hope will help me to disassemble the gun.

I will also be grateful if someone who has disassembled 1911's, can manually guide me to do it for my model gun.

Thanks,
Ashish

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Need help in Disassembling a Model Gun ?

Post by mashh1 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Ashish
assuming that it works like real thing here is a link which you might find helpful
assembly/ disassembly