Information regarding the Hammerli Airguns

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Information regarding the Hammerli Airguns

Post by denzilmatthew » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi,

Can anyone know information about the Hammerli Airgun regarding the performance, accuracy etc also about the company.

Regards,

DM

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 am

A company established in the mid-18th century, they make excellent air rifles. Some of them have a proven record of excellent consistency and accuracy.
You will find a lot of reviews for some of their models with a google search. Some of them are still very loved by a big majority.
Somehow, they have not got into serious competition sports, and dont have ISSU types guns for the competition-people.
From what I know and have heard, I would rate as follows:
Performance n- 7/10, Accuracy 8/10, Company - (does it matter) :)
For match rifles, feinwerkbau, walther and anschutz take the podium. For power, Air force is a strong contender; weirauch for consistency and performance.

Actually, if you decide on your taste and wants, it will be easier to hone in to a gun that matches :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:12 am

actually ihp made national rifle upto 2000 serial have hammerli barrels bcos initiallly they have tie up with diana and hammerlie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 am

The whole assembly plant of IHP, Ahmedabad, is a close replica of the then Hammerli plant... this is what I was told... :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:22 am

I have a pair of hammerli CO2 airguns,,it is really wonderful,,very accurate and powerful.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 am

to my knowledge hammerlie supplied first 2000 barrels to ihp national model and the then ihp bought cnc Macheines from Diana for Barrel Forging.But sadly no professional method followed for Barrel & power plant That have lead to poor performance of IhP when compared to Europian standard rifle

cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:34 am

Air Rifles Division:
The National Rifles Ltd. was set-up as a subsidiary
company in collaboration with M/s Hammerli of
Germany. The manufacturing facility is located at
Vatva; Ahmedabad. In 1979, the company
amalgamated with IHP. The major raw materials used by this division are wood and seamless steel tubes...

More information at:
http://www.careratings.com/.scripts/Tra ... ?docid=558
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Information regarding the Hammerli Airguns

Post by TwoRivers » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:16 am

Hammerli is Swiss, not German. They have always been known for their high quality match rifles and pistols; though hunting arms were also produced. Nowadays a line of lower priced sporting arms is being sold under the name. Cheers.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:23 am

Hammerli was indeed a well reputed Swiss manufacturer BUT AFAIK the new range of Hammerli airguns is MADE IN TURKEY.

Actually Walther took over Hammerli in 2005 or 2006 and have licensed the name to Umarex (of the replica CO2 air-pistols fame), Umarex on their part has contracted out production of these air-rifles to some Turkish manufacturer. These new Hammerli airguns DO NOT compare with the older breed and AFAIK they NO LONGER market any competition grade airguns anymore.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Sorry to rake up an old thread... has any one had any experience with the National(IHP?) Hammerli Co2 bolt action rifle?

The markings on it say "National Hammerli License" or something to that effect. Its a bolt action single shot with the back half of the bolt that houses an integral co2 cylinder- The rear end has a threaded port that took an adapter for refilling from a buddy bottle.

Though no way near Hammerli or any other overseas maker, by Indian standards it seems pretty decent. Shoots reasonably well.

First time I'd ever seen them. Any info would be appreciated particularly how I can get hold of the recharging adaptors...etc.

I came across 4-5 specimens in my friends shooting academy here. He's been using them for years, though of late hes upgraded to Feinwerkbau's, Steyrs and Baikals.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by miss_3006 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:16 pm

That would be the IHP Cadet made my Hammerli and imported by IHP in their initial days. Very light and accurate. Grab one if u can.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:21 pm

The Walther LG 1250 is actually Umarex dominator. Does this mean it is made in Turkey as well?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 pm

I have a pair of Hammerli Cadets in .177 cal, using 88gms CO2 cylinders, bolt action. Serial numbers are 051 and 056. Have had them for donkeys years now, still use them once in a while. Believe me, they are dead accurate! One could hit a fly on the wall at 10-15mtrs. Beyond that the pellet looses it's pep. CO2 filling is easily done at a guy who fills cylinders for soda machines! Very good in the field, unlike sprigers, that is if you have a constant supply of CO2.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

The Free Pistols made by hammerli were one of the best pistols and were used for decades (Model 152 & Model 160 electronic trigger). I have personally used them and won a couple of team medals with them at the Nationals. Hammerli also produced some fantastic sports pistols (Model 208)and also an air pistol (with a ghastly bulbous bottle painted in reptile yellow fashion) which did not catch on.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 am

Hamerlli AR20 Air Rifle one of the most affordable target air rifle, cost with sights Euro 581
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"