Govt allows duty free import of pellets finally

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

OverUnderPump";p="58916 wrote:Atleast its a start, we can start importing and find out first hand about any stipulations in the quantity.
I see no mention of whether we can now import pellets via post and courier. So whilst there may be no customs duty to pay, the major hurdle of getting them over still remains.

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Mack The Knife
exim policy applies for pellet import via post same as the .177 airrifle,but allowed quantity is missed any way i am planning to call chennai fpo to confirm

cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Do confirm, Sankar.

Thanks.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Govt allows duty free import of pellets finally

Post by striker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Dear Mr Mack The Knife,Mr mundaire and Ifgians 8)
Today i alloted some time to check in personally to chennai Fpo in menambakkam to meet the Postal Appraising Officer Mr.Roy ,humble, straight forward gentleman and showed him the hard copy of customs notification no. 120/2008 dated 4/11/2008.
i Asked about the procedure to import .177 caliber pellet as per the new notice .first He is not aware of

the new notification so he read the whole file and his inputs are as below :D

1)Only 0.177 caliber pellets can be imported by post.

2)The Importer of 0.177 pellet parcel should be a rifle club member

3)since the pellet is alloted in chapter 93(.177 airgun /other arms) category the .177 pellet parcel will be detained in fpo when it reaches india ,fpo will send a memo notice to submitt the hard copy of
a)customs notification no. 120/2008 dated 4/11/2008.
b)Rifle club membership proofs Either by post or in person to Fpo

4)If the Documents are satisfactory then the parcel reaches ur door steps through the local post office guys within a week.

5)no duty will be levied .no Cvd duty.so now 0.177 pellet is duty free via post

6)Quantity no bar ,10-25tins ok but no commercial type of quantity..

i thanked him for valuable information, he also took a xerox copy of the the .177 pellet notification. :)

i hope this information is very clear about the .177 pellet Import via post as per customs notification no. 120/2008 dated 4/11/2008.

cheers
sankar

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Thanks a lot Sankar :)
.. This should help many...
.. BTW, any updates on the CO2 powerlets?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks Striker / Sankar
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm

he he he hoping to see some price reduction in Gsmith 8)

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Tenx
the co2 sale resume on jan 3rd week hopefully :-)

cheers
sankar
TenX";p="61544 wrote: Thanks a lot Sankar :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 am

striker";p="61590 wrote: Tenx
the co2 sale resume on jan 3rd week hopefully :-)

cheers
sankar
TenX";p="61544 wrote: Thanks a lot Sankar :)
Great...
Looking forward for it.. I may need atleast 75 upto 100 powerlets :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 am

Ok anand :-)

cheers
sankar

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:38 am

Sankar,

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out. Much appreciated.

Mack The Knife

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife :-)
cheers
sankar

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:13 pm

This is Madmax's experience of import of pellets (.177) via post today: :(

The parcel was detained by FPO and there was no sign of a show-cause notice even after more than 2 months. On reaching the FPO, they agreed to open the parcel. Upon inspection, the Asst. Commissioner flatly refused to clear the parcel saying that though the duty is zero now, the item is "restricted" for import nevertheless and can only be imported by "renowned shooters"! The Commissioner referred to the Customs Handbook and showed the clause mentioning that "Import of Pellets is restricted".

Madmax will post more details in a while....

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm

This guy needs to be reported to the Ministry.... he's such a pain in the a**.... :x

madmax
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by madmax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Hello Guys,
Guess Yash already gave a heads up on the situation today. A slightly more detailed version here.. I didn't receive any "parcel detained" notice for this parcel even though it had reached the FPO in Jan . Finally got tired of waiting and went to FPO today. I was a bit apprehensive about this package as it had a scope inside as well (due to some communication gap between me and mike mellik). They open the parcel ,lady says you need to take it down to the ASSistant Comm to verify the legality of the import.Till this point i kept thinking ,it would be the scope which would create a fuss. I show him the pellet exemption print out ,he takes out a really thick book and shows me that air rifle pellets comes under restricted goods section (along with shotgun pellets). I show him my printout again and he says.. The pellets are very much a restricted item ,and started harping on the whole firearm import ban.. As the handbook clearly stated air rifle pellets as restricted i couldn't say anything. "This zero duty is only for people who have a licence to import the same", these are the AC's words.... Next i ask him casually about the scope,if that was also restricted . To which he says no you could have taken it if it was a part of a different parcel. The FPO do not send out parcel contents individually . So if one thing is restricted the whole package is done for... So this is how i lost my scope (not restricted according to AC ) ,because of the other restricted contents of the package ,namely the .177 air rifle pellets(5 tins ). :( . Needless to say it was not a very pleasent experience with the AC bragging that in his 7 months at the FPO he hasn't allowed a single tin of pellets to pass through .
Sharad