IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri May 25, 2007 4:15 pm

I Have had a .177 Air rifle (break barrel) for around 20 years now and it hasn't been any problem at all.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Indian Hume air rifles & air pistols

Post by mishradk » Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm

feroz";p="20487 wrote: HELP ME OUT,
i would like to take a .177 national model 35 to my home town (kargil,j&k) from here(delhi) do i require any documents other than the bill.
Hi Firoz..
Kargil and .177 ? dont you think people will make fun of you..

Hey hey dont be angry.. i was just kidding..

I pray one day people will uses rifles for sports only...

N E way If you wanna purchase then you can order it from Kargil and get it sent to you via post. so that you can avoid security check..

regards
Mishradk

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri May 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Deepak,

Didn't you get some kind of warranty with your IHP air rifle? And, if it was a lemon, couldn't you take it back to the shop that you bought it from? I mean, the dealer would have been the right person if the piece was flawed unless the IHP company has it's own warranty service department where you have to send in defective products.

In any case, thanks for this post about your experience - it should be an eye opener for those contemplating spending their money on one. I am presuming, from the number of satisfied IHP owners here, that their spring air rifles are good but the pneumatics are not? Or, maybe, you were unlucky in getting a particularly bad example...

Either way, a sad experience and it is worse that the company did nothing to remedy the junk that they sold you.

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Fri May 25, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Mehul,

Warranty ..

It is India sir.. it is Not like USA that you purchase some thing from Circuit City and return it after using.. and they take it back..

when the designer of the rifle was telling that these people dont make it in a proper way the way I had designed then what can I say.. If I remember correctly when me and Mack The Knife were on a call to Dr Shirshat he was telling this..

And FYI I had ordered directly from IHP and there were no dealers .. I had only Talked to Mr Makhija there.

About Pneumatic.. One person before me had purchased in our club. He was a kid and no idea about shooting.. It never worked for him.. He left shooting. then me.. after that we all decided not to make any more unlucky..

I had forgotten the most Important thing..

After a long try Mack The Knife fixed that rifle and tried on bench rest. and when we mate.. I was very anxious to fire my rile for the first time. He showed me the groups using 3 different pellets. And told “ Boss if you are thinking of completive shooting then you have to throw it in one year. Stop going to Pub and Bar and start saving money so that you can purchase a good air rifle. I have fixed it and and used it for 1 Year Max. do you understand why I am saying 1 year Max?”

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri May 25, 2007 6:12 pm

mishradk";p="20516 wrote:and when we mate..
I'm flying East this season :lol:
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri May 25, 2007 6:27 pm

"and when we mate" Hmmmm...... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri May 25, 2007 6:32 pm

But one happy exercise I had learnt is how to make the stock of the rifle rough ( I have forgotten what is that process is called) Mack The Knife had done it for me and I had helped him. He had also polished is nicely.. it was looking gr8.
It is called stippling. Herewith a pic of your old POS. :mrgreen:

After a long try Mack The Knife fixed that rifle and tried on bench rest.
Either my memory is shot to pieces or you are smoking something nasty! :mrgreen: I sure as hell don't remember fixing your rifle.
And told “ Boss if you are thinking of completive shooting then you have to throw it in one year. Stop going to Pub and Bar and start saving money so that you can purchase a good air rifle. I have fixed it and and used it for 1 Year Max. do you understand why I am saying 1 year Max?”
:?: :?: :?: I used your rifle for one year? I sure as hell don't know why I am supposed to have said, "do you understand why I am saying 1 year Max?"

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri May 25, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm flying East this season
"and when we mate" Hmmmm......

He isn't doing my street cred any favours, is he? :roll:

:mrgreen:

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="20522 wrote: Herewith a pic of your old POS. :mrgreen:
Well it sure looks a lot better than what I own

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 pm

"He isn't doing my street cred any favours, is he?"

No. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="20522
It is called stippling. Herewith a pic of your old POS. :mrgreen:
Mack The Knife[/quote]

Actually this is the first time i am seeing a pic of this rifle....must say a neat looking POS :wink: . I guess that's loads of work going on the stock there..

And

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="20522
He isn't doing my street cred any favours, is he? [/quote]

:mrgreen: , Deepak!! that really made me laugh... :lol:

Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Fri May 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="20522 wrote:
I have fixed it and and used it for 1 Year Max.
Sorry that was typo.. I have fixed it and and use it for 1 Year Max. :D :wink:

Hi people ..
I have attached a pic with Mack The Knife's test results of IHP Air rifle & test results of FWB P700 Alu using Finale Match

Njoy.. :D

Msihra DK

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat May 26, 2007 1:27 am

Sorry for the OT post but every day I seem to think more and more that my plan of manufacturing quality air rifles in India is a winner if done properly. With a middle class that is 400 million strong, a 0.1% penetration would be as big as the total number of air rifles sold in the rest of the world, I guess.

Let's see - I do have the financial and tchnology parts worked out. What i need to sort out is the regulations and the operations part. Hopefully, it would be something for the near future and not toof ar away...

Cheers and apologies again for going OT!

feroz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

my first air gun

Post by feroz » Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 pm

hey friends i m planning to buy my first NATIONAL .177 35 model,can anybody please tell me from where in delhi should i buy it.i would like to take it to my native place (kargil,j&k) would i face any problem,am i legaly free to take a air gun anywhere within india.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed May 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Feroz,

The addresses and numbers of their distributors is available on their website - Google "Indian Hume Pipe" for their website URL... get their number from there and give them a call to check which all models they have in stock.

Airguns DO NOT require a license of any kind in India as they are NOT classified as firearms as per the Arms Act/ Arms Rules...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein