IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
suhailraichur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

Post by suhailraichur » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 am

Hi all n dear nkarun . no need to do changes as stock gun lasts min a year without much maintenance.. Or may last 2 to 3 years on low usage like yours. Ya but for ur pleasure n wish of more u can do it any time but the inly pleasure could be felt when u make urself used to stock gun n upgrade it after a good time so that u can feel the upgradeness n difference otherwise what u hv shot out of this stock gun is just more than a pack of pellets not even 2 . upgrading will be more enjoyable when pre upgraded things are lived to the fullest . hope u got what i was trying to say.

Suhailraichur 9739922647

For Advertising mail webmaster
nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am

Ya Suhail i got, i was also thinking same, but i need some sort of assurance from some one more experienced in this topic. I should know my gun, then only i can under stand the difference once updated. Thank you again.... expecting your support in future too....

suhailraichur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by suhailraichur » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:36 am

Hi n good day to all ifgians..
Dear nkarun i hv used ihp 35 n uta they dont need modification untill min of 10000 pellets n may be after that or else many men hv their old beauties kept from years without changing any thing in them they r just stock.. N they are satisfying well shooter now too.

Good day.

Suhailraichur 9739922647

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:43 pm

On first post I doubt my AR's wood - stock wood. Its almond wood or badham wood.

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:45 am

guys, where to buy IHP Compressed Air Rifle around Kolkata? I am from Hoogly if it helps.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:24 am

I think IHP does not sell their compressed AR through dealer network.
You need to give order along with advance , there is a lead time.
Once made, they will supply it to your address against full payment.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

umamahes03
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by umamahes03 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Folks,

Am new to the forum, I have eagerly waiting to buy Air pistol and Air rifles for donkeys years. But just now I made it at the age of 35 ;) , I purchased a IHP 35 (.22 Calibre ) AR at Tamilnadu Armoury, Chennai. Mr.Sathyanarayanan charged me 10k for the fiber hood rifle. He said that IHP brand is not coming and they have stopped the production. I bought Master shot 500 pellets(sharp pointed) for 300rs and G smith pellets 200 pellets for 400rs. What do you see yours feel on the price of the AR and pellets? I just tried 5 shots at home feel the accuracy is better .. Seniors in the group should guide the amateurs like me ..

Thanks and warm regards

Uma Maheswaran
HP:

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

Shoot safe and enjoy...........

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:48 pm

umamahes03 wrote:10k for the fiber hood rifle. He said that IHP brand is not coming and they have stopped the production. I bought Master shot 500 pellets(sharp pointed) for 300rs and G smith pellets 200 pellets for 400rs. What do you see yours feel on the price of the AR and pellets?
7 to 8 grand for a . 22 is about it. How ever, 10 grand is ok because production of . 22 AR has reduced / stopped and the chennai market is quiet expensive. You have it now. Why bother about the price. Enjoy plinking.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

abhijittadpatri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhijittadpatri » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Big Daddy,

I am new AR enthusiast and want to buy a .177 cal rifle(looks like only that does not need a license now). Can you please guide me on which one to buy, where to find one and how much could one cost? Looks like we are in the same city of Hyderabad so wanted your valuable advice on this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Thank you,
Abhijit

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:07 am

Welcome to the forum. I know your question is for BD but would suggest you go through the site. There's a plethora of information which will be very useful in helping you decide.

abhijittadpatri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhijittadpatri » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks SMJ. I was able to able to read a lot of useful information and also have explored around the city for first hand information as well.

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

And finally, To Buy or Not To Buy

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Is the National Compressed Air Rifle worth it? At least for district / state / national level competitions. Because the FWB's and Anschutz's and Walther's are way way beyond my budget.
Please help me make a final decision.
P.S - Is Precihole planning on making a PCP with aperture sights for competition purpose? In that case I'll wait.
Brihadeesh Kumar J

It Is Better To be Hated For What You Are Than To be Loved For What You Are Not

gun nut
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gun nut » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Is it possible to sleeve a .22 air rifle down to .177 ? Possibly by first drilling it out to about 7mm and then fitting a sleeve with an internal diameter of 4.5mm /.177 ?
Would appreciate any suggestions ,because getting an Arms License is a bit of a pain .
Thanks.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:03 pm

gun nut wrote:Is it possible to sleeve a .22 air rifle down to .177 ? Possibly by first drilling it out to about 7mm and then fitting a sleeve with an internal diameter of 4.5mm /.177 ?
Would appreciate any suggestions ,because getting an Arms License is a bit of a pain .
Thanks.

Re-barreling an air gun barrel is a lot more pain than getting an arms lisence.
It would be cheaper and wiser to re-barrel than rebore an air gun.I could not exactly understand what you were trying to do, but one thing I know for sure is that if you mess with the barrel with home tools, the first thing that will happen is that accuracy will go out of the window. I dont know for sure, but most AR barrels are first drilled out from a solid rods and they are cut from a broach or are button rifled. While i have read about some exceptional people with exceptional machinery re-barreling a .177 to .22 I have never heard about lowering the caliber. And to my limited knowledge and common sense, I dont think it is possible.
Since you posted this in the IHP topic, I am guessing you have an ihp. Contact IHP and see if they will send you a .177 barrel and cocking link. If they send it to you your problem is solved, just take out the old barrel and cocking link and insert the new one. If they dont , you will have to probably buy a new .177.
Lastly, dont worry about the law. Most of us here have atleast one .22 and are using it as normal. The law is not passed yet.
I was equally upset when the law was first notified, asked precihole if they could supply a .177 barrel and cocking link, but they said they .22 cannot be converted to a .177. So I bought a new .177 air rifle. :D You hardly get a better excuse & opportunity to convince family members to let you buy a new air rifle. :lol: :mrgreen:
"Aim small, miss small."