Price Check- RWS Piston Seal

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Price Check- RWS Piston Seal

Post by Mark » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:21 am

I have a RWS (Diana) 6M recoilless pistol with a disintegrated piston seal.

The fine print in the lifetime warranty points out that seals are not covered.

Here in the US, the seal is $45! I was wondering what the price might be in India, as I will be visiting in a couple months and could pick it up then, I am in no hurry to fix it just yet.

Anyway, if someone could make an inquiry without inconveniencing themselves too much I'd appreciate it, as mentioned I am in so particular hurry.

Thanks!

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:20 am

Mark,

Forget about buying it in India.

Contact Lloyd who's the owner of Blackpool Air Rifles www.airgunbuyer.com and ask him to source you one.

Feel free to take my reference, he is a friend of mine.

Another possibility is that Ranjeet sends it to you from Germany. This may be the cheapest option and too make it more cost effective buy a couple of main-springs, piston washers and breech seals if you intend keeping this air-pistol for a long time.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Any chance you are going to be visiting Bangalore?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 am

http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/ is another place to buy airgun spares. They are usually more expensive than BAR.

The owner has been ill for some time now, so delivery could be a bit tardy. However, you can do a price check http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Dian ... 20list.htm It's GBP 11.80 including 17.5% VAT that will be removed in your case.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Price Check- RWS Piston Seal

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="4627 wrote: Another possibility is that Ranjeet sends it to you from Germany. This may be the cheapest option and too make it more cost effective buy a couple of main-springs, piston washers and breech seals if you intend keeping this air-pistol for a long time.

Mack The Knife
Mark, I would inquire about the Piston seal, normally you would pay about Euros 4 for a seal. The only issue is you normally have long lead times (2-3 weeks) to get the spare parts. I bought all the spare parts for a HW 75 for about 12 Euros.
I have no idea about this particular model that you have, give me some time, I can get back to you

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum