noisy QB becomes well mannered

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

noisy QB becomes well mannered

Post by dev » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:35 pm

I don't know about most people but I use airguns for the fun of being able to shoot at home or just toddling off to the range for some el cheapo fun.
While the QB is the most expensive airgun that I have bought so far, it has been done so after a lot of consideration. The only pace I messed up was buying one tuned for high power.
Most regular Qb's will do about 600fps and give you about 60 shots from two powerlets. Nooo but mine had ta have the extra kick and so it had to have valve and hammer spring mods. So while it plunks pellets deep into soap, cans ans all. It also makes a real racket.

Thereby defeating the purpose of some quite peaceful knocking Mack The Knife's crow to the dirt with child like glee. I goes bang and I hear the echo of the sound cracking across the flats. So I gets mean I make a moderator overnight and slip it on and try it out without pellets. Damn.. I can only hear the sound of the bolt. Try it again and again the same thunk sound.

The gas must have leaked me thinks taking the lead dust collector off. Then as I was putting it into storage, I work the bolt and point the rifle towards indoor backstop and pull trigger. Daaang my ears ring with the percusion of the empty shot. :twisted:

So I realise how good my LDC is and joy oh joy the neighbourhood is peaceful except for one metal crow that keeps toiling sisyphus like.

And the yanks make such a noise over keeping their QB's polite.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: noisy QB becomes well mannered

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:07 pm

The Yanks need to get a licence costing $200.00 from the BATF for every modertaor they wish to own - be it an airgun or firearm.

However, airguns that have an integral or permanently fitted moderator do not need this licence.

In India, I don't think there will be much fuss using a moderator with an airgun but its use on firearms is verboten.

Mack The Knife

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: noisy QB becomes well mannered

Post by jonahpach » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:12 pm

Nice to hear you having fun with the QB dev.. Keep at it.

Havent seen any pics of your beloved QB yet.

Have fun!

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Haven't really been able to put er through its paces. I am planning to shoot some groups at the range, do some field target stuff, take pics and then insert all of it here. But this is a real fun toy and I just made some special flower pot busting pellets will show shots of damage. They did say that you slip into your second childhood. I just hope me employers don't find out.

Regards,

Dev
jonahpach";p="4722 wrote: Nice to hear you having fun with the QB dev.. Keep at it.

Havent seen any pics of your beloved QB yet.

Have fun!

Jonah
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.