how to smoothly import .177cal air rifle - guidelines

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vmsr66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: how to smoothly import .177cal air rifle - guidelines

Post by vmsr66 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Which courier is carrying your consignment? If it lands at Fedex, Delhi, their clearing agent Heena & Co, will guide you with necessary formalities to be completed for Customs clearance of the consignment. Fedex authorization letter, Fedex KYC Form, PAN card copy, Voter ID copy, Shooter ID copy and original, self letter to Dy.Commissioner / Asst.Commissioner of Customs, last 6 months bank statement, letter from local rifle association, invoice copy from seller and any other document demanded have to be submitted to the clearing agent. They charge around Rs.5000 to 6000/- towards clearing charges. If it is through USPS, getting your consignment depends entirely on your luck.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rijo Joseph
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rijo Joseph » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 am

earlier Fedex Bangalore does not direct us to a clearing agent ,or we don't need to pay any thing extra to FedEx for clearing....i heard UPS is having an agent in Mumbai, as there port of clearance for south India is Mumbai and they were charging for clearance.
Sometimes if you want to get rid of the gun, you have to pick the gun up.

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 am

I have Beretta m84fs air pistol coming and its right no with delhi customs, Shipping company asked me Authorized Dealer code of my bank, as I am not seller or exporter how can I get AD code or how can I get my package clear it.
I have already sent memberships Id, invoice,photo ID to them and they asking AD code.
I also had told them AD code is not required for airpistol as I have bought it only for personal use.

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Do we need to pay State tax.
?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Guys,

Any idea as which sites are shipping airguns to India nowdays?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Khodaleader
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Khodaleader » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Sorry as I am new what does AD really mean ?

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:09 pm

kanwar76 wrote:Guys,

Any idea as which sites are shipping airguns to India nowdays?

-Inder
Pyramidair is having dedicated India shipping. Please check/search their website.

Regards,

Mayank Banerjee

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Airguns of Arizona ships via USPS and that is much cheaper than the option from PA.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

xookrfans
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by xookrfans » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:00 pm

super information , i made me very clear picture now.

but i have a doubt at the e. point please abbreviate DGFT notification . how will i get it and also IEC (import-export code) document for completing the bill of entry (BOE) how will i get these too

mattammal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mattammal » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks a lot Jeetesh for your valuable input on the subject. I just want to ask you whether the process remain same or not even today, especially after the new amendment in 2016.
Regards
Sherin

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi Sherin,

The process is more worse today.

It's like living a nightmare every moment. Still with no assurance that you will get your product delivered for you to enjoy it. And the Frustration that you will go through in this period will hamper your other daily routine of work and family life. Looking at you worried neither your family nor your friends will be happy.....so now this purchase has brought not one but many under stress.

Better to order from an online store from India, you will get door delivery and zero STRESS that too in just a couple of days rather than months together.

Many people buy from an international website thinking they will save a good amount of money, nothing like this in actual. The Paperwork involved, the extra import taxes involved, an import agent's fee, the time you will need to take off from actual work to visit the Customs Authorities ( may be once, may be multiple times ) , the cost of travel , food and stay all involved. Gosh this list goes on & on & on of all those extra expenses. Still at the end you May Not get your product.

The cost of the similar products on Indian Websites include all these costs and hence the extra amount as compared to international website prices. So it's worth paying more to them for getting your product right at your door.

Hope you now know what decision to take if you ever wish to make a purchase.

SRI 420
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SRI 420 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 pm

4X4 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi Sherin,

The process is more worse today.

It's like living a nightmare every moment. Still with no assurance that you will get your product delivered for you to enjoy it. And the Frustration that you will go through in this period will hamper your other daily routine of work and family life. Looking at you worried neither your family nor your friends will be happy.....so now this purchase has brought not one but many under stress.

Better to order from an online store from India, you will get door delivery and zero STRESS that too in just a couple of days rather than months together.

Many people buy from an international website thinking they will save a good amount of money, nothing like this in actual. The Paperwork involved, the extra import taxes involved, an import agent's fee, the time you will need to take off from actual work to visit the Customs Authorities ( may be once, may be multiple times ) , the cost of travel , food and stay all involved. Gosh this list goes on & on & on of all those extra expenses. Still at the end you May Not get your product.

The cost of the similar products on Indian Websites include all these costs and hence the extra amount as compared to international website prices. So it's worth paying more to them for getting your product right at your door.

Hope you now know what decision to take if you ever wish to make a purchase.
Yes, you are right. This is the only option to get Air guns and Air pistols without any hassle or stress. Running around the offices of Customs and answering to all their silly queries is not advisable.👍👍👍
It is nice to be important: But it is more important to be Nice!

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:44 pm

Very nice information given , very detailed will help lot of people those who want to buy a air gun .

But on the other hand so much pain in india to import a weapon which is technically not even a real gun .

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:33 pm

hi that was a clear explaination jeetesh, can you please tell me how wll these people confirm the energy of the gun s less than that of the prohibitted amount, because was trying to buy an old gun locally and people say it could have been amped up than what is mentioned in the catalogue, and if we buy it unknowngly its our responsibility, how do we check it

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Just a reflection - I have not done it myself . There are some very cheap flight tickets available nowadays for nearby countries . Why not fly and bring the airgun with yourself . It will save a lot of hassles and uncertainty and maybe frustration too .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .