Rustam: Help needed, buying Air Rifle/Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:01 am

Satpal_S";p="10662 wrote:Kanwar76:

Don't be shocked, the Chickens were young meat birds at a Poultry farm. Not full grown, yet were at least 1.5 times the size of Pigeons, a nice bird to shoot to see the effectiveness of the pellet pistol on pigeons. We released them one by one in the poultry's open space with trees and bushes. Were quite a racket to shoot. Lots of running around after them to get that fatal shot. Fast runners and could fly around too, a sight to watch. A couple of them even got away.

I learnt were quite the game to shoot with Air-pistol, at much less price compared to shooting birds on a preserve.

So next time wanna have some fun, find a chicken farm near you, release the birds, chase them with Air Arm of at least 9FP energy( don't use Shotgun, then it is too easy). Lots cheaper than Game birds at $3-4 a pop for chickens.

Don't feel sorry for the birds, they are destined for the slaughterhouse anyway!

Satpal

PS:Don't do this in India, it could be Illegal.

Satpal,

Your first post about testing on chickens did give me pause for thought but I let it go thinking it was better to test on something who's neck could be broken if the pistol was found wanting.

However, your second post about it being fun and that Inder should try it sometime makes me wonder whether or not you are a sportsman. You did mention the chicken were released from the coops but I assume there was still another outlying fence/wall. If so, what you have described is nothing short of a caged shoot / canned hunt and does the hunting fraternity no favours at all.

You also mention that a couple of them got away....presumably injured?

All in all, your post was in debateably poor taste and did you no favours.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:09 am

Mack The Knife:

Nothing escaped hurt. Some lucky ones could not be shot. Chickens are not hardy like pigeons, easily killed with pellguns.

I have long experience hunting with pellguns, whatever was shot at was instant kills, rightaway finished with a neck snap, as I always do with birds when hunting with shotguns.

We chased them to get them moving, to realistically see how the gun would behave under field circumstances.

There was no fence, it was on open range the birds were shot. All the dead birds were consumed, nothing was wasted.

They were destined for the pot anyway, we just shot them in a different manner.

Nope no sportsmanship in this, I have so much quail where I live , no need to do so in future.

That's all, nothing sinister was planned or accomplished!

Satpal

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:46 am

Satpal,

Thanks for the clarification. I retract what I say and apologise.

Mack The Knife