Clarification needed

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Clarification needed

Post by archer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey guys,

I have a doubt n would like you to throw some light. If a person, owning a gun moves to another country for a few years.....then can he leave the gun in India, at home or does he have to deposit it with a dealer......

thanx
regards
Parag

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Clarification needed

Post by HydNawab » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Hey Parag

I think that it would be a very good idea if you deposit it and go and make sure you you have someone who can put it up for renewal before your license expires.You can also make someone your retainer so that he/she can keep it at home.

But I think it would be a better option if you deposit it so that no one can misuse it.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:27 pm

ashar is correct.a deposit would be the best option.make sure u dont deposit it with the cops....i have seen a few cases in AP where the guns have dissapeared and the licensees were given ML guns with the numbers of their guns on them :twisted: really shocking

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:02 am

Depositing with a dealer should be the best option......but the problem would arise when the licence is due for renewal as in Delhi you have to be present with the licence and the firearms along with two residence proofs that you actually living at the same address.

To be doubly careful try and grease the firearms and may be wrap it a plastic sheet when you hand it over to a dealer/the police station for safecustody.

In Delhi some dealers charge you for maintenance...every two months the guns/the firearm is oiled and a record sheet is maintained for the purpose.