transfer firearm permit + gun from usa to india

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
joshrain
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

transfer firearm permit + gun from usa to india

Post by joshrain » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 pm

hi folks,

i am an indian citizen living in usa currently.
i would like to know how easy would it be to get a firearm permit in india and can i transfer firearms to india(what is the procedure)?

also, in india is it possible to have a concealed carry permit, similar to the usa?
are the laws for firearm permit different in different states in india? is everyone qualified or only certain people to own a gun?

how about other weapons in india (for home use) such as knives, red pepper spray? are they allowed in india?

thanks!

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 am

Hi Joshrain
welcome to the forum. it would be good to interudce yourself.

as for ur questions why not check out the legal section as it contains the info u request.

nagarifle
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: transfer firearm permit + gun from usa to india

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:26 am

Joshrain

You can only take one weapon within Transfer of residence (TR)from US. Condition is you must have owned the gun legally ( with valid permit) within US for 1 year prior to transfer. Also this gun cannot be of prohibted bore. Rest as nagarifle advised look up and research within IFG and you can garner more information. In India license means you have right to carry the gun no special permission is required unlike in US ( atleast in majority of the states).

Best