provision in arms act

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

provision in arms act

Post by james » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:49 am

IS it possible to send firearm out of juridiction area i.e out of state through courier ,if covered by proper order by authority , for repair or can any authorised person can carry it to another state for repair, Which form is needed to be filled /what is the process . James...

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:37 am

I think it is possible but only through dealers,they can send/receive arms by courier on TL.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm

as far as i know there is a provision in the arms act where with an authority letter another licence holder can carry the weapon on your behalf for a fortnight.....
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 pm

vishosingh";p="47760 wrote:as far as i know there is a provision in the arms act where with an authority letter another licence holder can carry the weapon on your behalf for a fortnight.....
Well he may be able to carry out for a fortnight, but the question is how can the weapon be sent out of the area of jurisdiction?

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: provision in arms act

Post by sudhaiob » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:39 pm

hello
to know more about your query see section 37 and 50 of the Arms Rules 1962 which deals exhaustively on your question. in short it can be done
regs
sudhaiob