Purchasing a firearm outside your licensing area

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Purchasing a firearm outside your licensing area

Post by amk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi,

What are the intricacies and formalities of purchasing a gun out of my licensing area. Or even out of my home state. I am only asking for second sales, not for sales from the IOFB factories.

How does the whole process work, do I need to go to the sellers area or can the seller come to my area? What are the procedures and formalities?

Thanks, AMK

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Purchasing a firearm outside your licensing area

Post by Risala » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 pm

AFAIK you will first get a NOC from the Lic authotiy,where the Lic was issued in favour of the concerned indl,dealer as the case may be to purchase the fire arm.
On the basis of the NOC the transaction will be concluded bet the two parties after the completon of the paper work.
You will then apply for a TL (transport lic) to the Lic authority in whose jusrisdiction the fire arm has been purchased to carry thte same back with you to your home state.

None of this applies if you have an All India Lic,you can but or sell any where,with the permission of the Lic authority that has issed the Lic.

HTH

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Do I need an NOC from the authority even if I purchase in my area? I don't think I got any NOC unless the dealer got it without my knowledge.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 pm

u dont need an NOC for a purchase in your area.i had been with my uncle on a couple of purchases(in validity area)and no NOC was used.....

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Yup you dont need a NOC,but you need to apply for an addition of fire arm on your lic,with your licencing authority,only when that is done will you be allowed to purchase another fire arm.

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Sanjay";p="41343 wrote:

None of this applies if you have an All India Lic,you can but or sell any where,with the permission of the Lic authority that has issed the Lic.

HTH
Sanjay,

One of the Store owners said, if you have All INDIA then NOC is not required. Just purchase and get it endorsed at the place of Issue no JL Required.

TY

Ice