Import of airgun pellets

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Import of airgun pellets

Post by MoA » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 am

If I were to send a friend of mine some pellets i.e. air gun via mail?

Would he get into trouble?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:20 am

MoA";p="50068 wrote: If I were to send a friend of mine some pellets i.e. air gun via mail?

Would he get into trouble?
No, but in all probability they would be confiscated on arrival. There is no specific notification allowing the import of pellets via post/ courier therefore they are usually treated as not being permissible for import.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Import of airgun pellets

Post by sudhaiob » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:25 am

hello
however you can source small numbers of pellets via personal baggage or through friends who come down. the definitive word is small numbers. i have sourced upto 1000 pellets per person. this is usually without any hassles afaik
regs
sudhaiob

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 pm

MoA,

Your friend will be issued a showcause notice from the postal customs and the pellets, irrespective of calibre, confiscated.