IIIrd Weapon Inclusion

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

IIIrd Weapon Inclusion

Post by HydNawab » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:40 am

Hi Guys

I have two weapons included on my arms license.One is a 12g shotgun and another is a NP bore pistol/revolver.I am a renowned shooter in skeet(NRAI certificate) and also a member of the NRAI as well as the Rifle Association of AP(RAAP).

Would it be possible for me to get a IIIrd weapon included on my license which would be a NP bore revolver/pistol?Actually I will be applying to the Home Department in AP to extend the validity of my license to 'ALL INDIA' as well as permission to hold 15,000 12g rounds on Thursday and I was wondering if I should put up an application for a IIIrd weapon.

I am getting a word put in for my application by someone I know here.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:49 am

Why not? You are allowed 3 arms licenses anyway and in any combination you wish...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Re: IIIrd Weapon Inclusion

Post by penpusher » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 am

It can be any combination of firearms as long as they are not more than 3 for ordinary mortals.For renowned shot's the rules are different.Earlier it was 2 additional shotguns each for trap,double trap and skeet.I think it has been increased.Not sure about this

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:56 am

Right! Another little query was that would all the applications be processed at the same time i.e, ALL INDIA, 15000 12g rounds permission and additional weapon inclusion or would there be separate police verification for each of the applications?

It would be really trouble some if my file has to go for verification 3 different times to the police station and come back to Hm Dept each time.
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:02 am

Arms Act requires police verification only at the time of granting a fresh license.There is no such requirement at the time of granting an addition on a license.

bullshitwalks
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bullshitwalks » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 am

in u.p. if u apply for three licences for three different category of firearms ,police verification and other formalities for the same are done once. but if their is a time lag between the licences of the same person , it will be treated as atotally new license and fomalities will be same as for a new license.
the license procedure in u.p. is as follows: buy a form - fill in the details- get a med. fitness cert.- affidavit(containing standard clauses)-photo id-all the documents will then be put up with the arms clerk- he will then send a copy to tehsil- and other copy for police verification.
the tehsil papers move from lekhpal-kanoongo-tehsildar-s.d.m.-a.d.m.-a.d.m.
the police verification is rather tough on people - the papers come to the concerned police station verified by the s.o. on several points - moves to c.o.-after c.o. it reaches d.c.r.b. this is bench that confirms that there s no case pending against the applicant in any p.s. in the district- then it moves to a.s.p. to s.p. to sends it to d.m.
once both papers from tehsil and police reach d.m. it has a validity of six months. if the license is not procurred in six months after reaching d.m. the papers will by default move to the first stage and will be treated as a new application.
very lucky few after all the efforts and approach get a license valid through u.p. renewable after 3 years.