sale of weapons

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

sale of weapons

Post by archer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:36 am

If i am not wrong, once your licence has been issued, you are supposed to buy your weapon within 6 months or you are supposed to extend that period by applying for an extension. does this rule hold true even after the sale of a weapon. once i sell my weapon, am i supposed to get another one within 6 months?

thanx
regards
Parag
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: sale of weapons

Post by HydNawab » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:49 am

Dear Archer,

One you sell your weapon, you have 3 months to buy a weapon or you need to apply for an extension which is easily granted generally.I know some people here who have applied for an extension 3 times.Thats nine months, stating that they could not find a good weapon.I think the local DCP can extend it for a max of 3 times, after that, you have to apply to the Home Dept., for an extension.

Correct me if I am wrong Abhijeet.

Regards

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:34 pm

in punjab if you sell your weapon you get a purchase period of one year
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: sale of weapons

Post by sudhaiob » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:36 pm

hello ashar
in theory your licence is valid for the period it was issued usually 3 years, that means your permission to purchase a weapon is upto the time of your renewal. in practice, however it depends on the whims and fancies of the clerk in the gun section. i may be digressing, but i had a licence for a npb rifle and tried to buy the .22 of a friend of mine deposited at apollo arms (commented on earlier). i kept on asking for extensions and they kept on giving, finally getting it lapsed as i had moved from the place of issue. i persevered and managed to acquire the .22 with a new licence
regs
sudhaiob