semiautomatic

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sukirti
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

semiautomatic

Post by sukirti » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 pm

How to get new liecense for semiautomatic rifle or shotgun in india.whether it is legal to buy PB weapon on NPB license .what happen if one is caught with semiautomatic rifle os semi shotgun on NPB license.so dealer in UP are selling .22lr semi .30 garand and browning auto-5 on normal NPB license

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: semiautomatic

Post by Vikram » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 pm

To answer your question,

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2780

If someone is caught with a PB gun on an NPB license, they get charged,convicted and punished by courts.Someone else's wrongs do not legitimise our mistakes.Always play by the book.Safe and the only way to do things.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

gopal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gopal » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Dear friend
As far as I know the license will be issued only for NPB weapons, ie upto .32 caliber pistol, revolver or rifle.You will get license for 12 bore or 20 bore shotguns. its not easy to get license for PB weapons. Regards

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 pm

gopal wrote:Dear friend
As far as I know the license will be issued only for NPB weapons, ie upto .32 caliber pistol, revolver or rifle.You will get license for 12 bore or 20 bore shotguns. its not easy to get license for PB weapons. Regards
A casebook example of the popular misconception that .32 is the limit for NPB... no such thing.
A PB would be those specific bores/calibers listed in the Schedule I/Category 1(c) of the Arms Rules 1962, or appended in an appropriate GOI notification thereafter(category1(a)). Everything else, as long as they stay within the realm of small-arms would in effect be NPB.... er... subject to availability.

The misconception is, as I believe, because of the limitation of availability of bores other than those manufactured by the IOFB...not the law.

Of course do bear in mind that Schedule I,Category1(b) also includes the following as PB:
1. Semi automatic firearms(irrespective of bore/caliber) other than pistols
2. Smooth Bore fire arms with barrels less than 20"

The confusion is caused because what in normal parlance would be a 'type' or 'class' is instead termed as 'bore'.

regards
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!