All-India licence and Re-registration

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

All-India licence and Re-registration

Post by icemanV » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi,

I am posting this on the forum again as i had not got conclusive replies in my previous post.

The Problem: I have an All India licence subject to state and local jurisdiction Rules. I have 3 Addresses one Permanent and 2 temporary. 1 permanent and one Temporary in the State of Issue of Licence and the other in the neighbouring state. I keep roaming between all three but stay at the temporary one in the neighbouring state most of the time.

Q1. Do i need to reregister my licence every time i take it to the neighbouring state? Is any letter of information to the PS adequate?

Q2. What are the difficulties in re-registration?

Q3. Is it true that you might loose your All India Permit if you Re-register?

Q4. Is the time for Re-Registration 30 days or 6 Weeks?

Appreciate all your help on the subject. People please dont spam with old links. I have already read all the old posts on Legal Eagle.

Regards,
Ice

For Advertising mail webmaster
gopal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: All-India licence and Re-registration

Post by gopal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

My friend
As far as i know there is no need to register it anywhere other than you asked to.ie ADM, police station,Sp of police where you are asked to. I am having an all india license and i used to travel to Bglre and Mglre.The only thing you have to do is to keep the orinal license while you carry weapon. You may need special order if you want to carry by air.
These advices are from my friends in police department....... :)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm

icemanV,

1.Please read the CONDITIONS (I am not shouting,that is how it is written on a license.Probably so that people would read them.),in particular conditon no. 4A

"A licensee having an arms license valid through out India,who carries the licensed weapon or weapons to any place outside the State where he normally resides,shall,within 48 hours of his arrival at such place,intimate in writing to the officer in charge of the police station or the Superintendent of Police having jurisdiction over that place,the fact of arrival at that place and particulars of any such weapon"

2.There is no 're-registeration' involved,only intimation is to be given.

3.This has no impact on the area of jurisdiction of the license which can only be curtailed by the licensing authority and that too after giving reasons for doing so.

4.If by 're-registeration' you mean getting the license renewed from a place other than the place from where it has been normally issued,it is generally done after verification of the license from the original licensing authority and a police verification by the police from where he is applying for renewal.This would be after the license expires and can even be 3 years (the normal period of renewal of a license) from the time a person moves his/her residence.

More common practice is, you have your all India license, you carry it along with your firearm.What Mr Gopal says is the standard practice.Hope this clears up your question.

Thanks to our friend who is not a member. :) :wink:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am

Thank you Vikram and Gopal for the clarifications.

Cheers,
Harsha