As a US & Indian Citizen, can I bring my Glock 20 to India?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: As a US & Indian Citizen, can I bring my Glock 20 to India?

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

But the big question is that for what reason do these people want to bring along their weapon from states . one needs to keep a weapon for their safety , but I feel that they do not face any threat perception rather these distinguished guests from states want to make a style statement .

eh my maths is simle, IOF ITEMS cost 60k for crap.
USA item 20k for dam fine guns. so you can take your choice.

who in India faces a threat perception? let me see now, ah those people who were eating their dinner one night in Mumbai may say otherwise.

style statement? ah ask madam maywati and fellow politicos.

if Government of India sees fit for a TR to bring one firearms with them, then it is not a style statement but legal
obligation :D

style statement, tell that to the young air rifle champ of the world, who won his country gold with a frangei shooter. or let us tell that to Maj now Col in our army, please get a check up from the neck up :)
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 pm

grewal wrote:But the big question is that for what reason do these people want to bring along their weapon from states . one needs to keep a weapon for their safety , but I feel that they do not face any threat perception rather these distinguished guests from states want to make a style statement . :!:
Yaar Grewal bhai,

I actually consider that statement somewhat offensive.

Are you actually implying that you're satisfied with the current situation that the same pre-1986 antiques circulating round the country at insanely bloated prices that bloat even more every time they change hands? Do you find it agreeable that an old Beretta m86 demands 15lakhs just because it is an import?... no matter how many times they've been raped by rapacious gunsmiths?

Perhaps you prefer to promote national industry?... never mind the fact they produce over priced clap-trap contraptions?

Do you own a gun based on a threat perception? How do you define threat perception? By what your silly licensing authority tells you?- As Nagarifle put it - the threat is ever present ...no matter how much the establishment whats to take control of the fact - You may be in paradise and think nothing will happen to you and your near and dear ones - Think of Bali.

We as a community have been crying ourselves sore about the ability to own and use fire arms based on personal choice and not the arbitrary (not to mention silly) logic of some good for nothing generalist fart who happens to be what he/she is by virtue of passing an examination.

Or perhaps you may not be comfortable with the fat that some one may have a better gun than you? I seriously hope that's not the case.

Here's someone who's POSSIBLY ready and willing to test the system in an exercise that might benefit us all some day...you may also appreciate the fact that at least one fresh new and modern firearm will enter India the legal way.
You and many of us may have been peeved by the approach of the poster but certainly don't stereotype all persons trying hard to do the same.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:37 pm

cottage cheese wrote: Or perhaps you may not be comfortable with the fat that some one may have a better gun than you? I seriously hope that's not the case.
I don't give a damn to anybody bringing any weapon from anywhere .

My policy is whenever I shift to Canada ( which in future I'll be doing ) buy the best toy the money can buy . Never thought of bringing it back to India . What will you do of the weapon which you cannot shoot as per your own wish . What will you do with 25/25 annual quota of bullets which can be consumed in a matter of 15 minutes .

And talking of security i feel fully secure with an ordinance .32 revolver , which is equally capable as any other " to be imported revolver" . But this doesn't mean I and not in favour of the Indian govt to open up the import of weapons .

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:28 pm

eh buy best toy eh? now you are taking :D . do not give a damn? eh but your last post indicated your were against them from the USA coming with arms for style statement eh bhai :D

as for the ammo well that is between DC and license holder. 25/25 annual quota some would be lucky indeed, as i know of one chap in Assam who only gets 4/4 per year. then on the other hand i know of one chap who gets 1000/1000 per year. no justice if you ask me. :D

if you do go to the far shores and when you do come back what kind of style statement can we see from you. :D

-- Wed Sep 30, 2009 19:34 --

oh yes lets not go on this thread as the mods might give us all a red card.
Nagarifle

YabarSingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by YabarSingh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 am

Hi,

I am from the United Kingdom and have just received my duel citizenship,
How do i go abouts getting a firearm license and purchasing a firearm in india legally.
Is the process of bringing a firearm from abroad easier?

Thanks

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 am

YabarSingh wrote:Hi,

I am from the United Kingdom and have just received my duel citizenship,
How do i go abouts getting a firearm license and purchasing a firearm in india legally.
Is the process of bringing a firearm from abroad easier?

Thanks
welcome to the forum. hope the weather on your side is not so cold. :D

first :shock: India does not have duel citizenship. (if you do not have a Indian passport, that is if you need more then one passport to come to India you are not a Indian citizen.)

and how do you go about getting a arms license.? make an application at your nearest DM/police sta/ office.(in India)
and pray and wait. once you have you license then you can buy one of our very special Indian Ordnance Factory products.

for more detailed info please check out the legal section as their is wealth of info there.
Nagarifle